Search results

1. P

Showdown at Quatre-Bras

It’s the 16th of June, 1815 and I’m finding myself in the shoes of Lord Wellington (although not for long, as you shall see), facing most of the French army’s left wing. How did I end up in this situation? Surely I wouldn’t have agreed in playing the underdog on such a one-sided affair? What...
  2. P

School of Soldiering for Novices I

SCHOOL OF SOLDIERING FOR NOVICES This is the first in a series of specials by one J.P. (to remain anonoymous) on tactics for the BGW novice...hope this helps!! LESSON ONE: BASIC INFANTRY DRILL Chef de Bataillon Pomme de Voie, Commanding. Just listen-up!! - this is basic training. Your...
  3. P

Situational Awareness

Situational Awareness and the Napoleonic Commander Battlefield Process by David Commerford, UK I have been fascinated by all aspects of the Napoleonic battlefield for more years than I care to remember. Until 1976, when John Keegan's The Face of Battle was first published, like most...
  4. P

French Artillery Tactics

French Artillery Tactics for the Talonsoft Napoleonic Battleground Games: Each nation in the Napoleonic period possessed its own pattern of artillery, but basic design and employment was very similar. There were two principal types of artillery piece: cannon (termed ‘guns’)...