Search results

1. J

Call of Duty 2

Plyed through COD2 on my new computer with dual 7800 SLI. While visual ok, the game was way too short and the health system is even worse than the excessive first aid kits in the first one. The narrow range of battles covered seems to show they think their primary market doesn't know anything...
  2. J

What do you think about the JAG serie

Only seen it a few times but would have to agree with Don that even allowing for the fact that cop shows by nature focus on the seamy side this show is a total trashing of the military. Watched it once with my Dad on some episode based on a ship, he was so discusted he turned it off half way...
  3. J

Reviewing Alexander the Great

Shouldn't that go "One minute he is sword fighting and the next he is sword swallowing."...or did you get edited?
  4. J

Super Power 2

See discussion thread here: http://www.war-forums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17593
  5. J

Operation Justice To Hollywood!

The scary thing about the total inaccuracy of most Hollywood movies is that it is the only version of history most Americans remember.
  6. J

PC Game Review: Crusader Kings

I have been a Paradox strategy game fan since the appearance of the first Europa Universalis. At risk of being barred from this sight I would have to say I spend much more time playing the Paradox strategy games than true wargames. I think your review was fair. Documentation is a key problem...
  7. J

Superpower 2

The original SP was a real snoozer. Don't waste your money. I too am waiting for some to assess whether II has any real play value.
  8. J

Anyone try this yet?

This is largely an updated packaging of something Grisby did in the late '80s or early '90s. I palyed that to death and the mechanics aren't all that different so I have a bit of a leg up. It was way ahead of anything else at the time and to a great extent still is in terms of being ablbe to...
  9. J

Taken Down A Notch

Yep, I got busted from Sargent Major of the Army to First Sergent. Usually that would only happen as part of a dishonorable discharge proceeeding :violin: But seriously, looks like a good change overall and I am not too concerned with whose is bigger. Besides I was hesitant to post as the...
  10. J

Warfare HQ and Armchair General to join forces with new forum!

Brian As to the not counting free fire post issues. As I scan through FFZ I see some threads where that may well be justified but there are other threads which are clearly consistent with the focus of the site. I would hope there would be some time spent to relocate threads that do fall...
  11. J

The first CM:AK battle is on! BigMik1 vs. Doctor Sinister.

Being the one who writes the narratives does give Doc a certain advantage in the campaign for "hearts and minds".
  12. J

Comedy Movie Nomination Thread

Too much of a rush. I was actually thinking of the recent movie version of Shakespeare's Much Ado About Nothing. I think Kenneth Branagh and Emma Thomson's Beatrice and Benedick are unexcellent comedic interplay.
  13. J

Comedy Movie Nomination Thread

Catch 22 MASH Blue Brothers A Comedy of Errors Yeah, Yeah I know, I am showing my age.
  14. J

Squad Leader and Diplomacy to be made into PC games AGAIN!!!

This is consistent with some things the Lords of Paradox have been saying on their boards: 1) They were intending to move away from niche titles to more mass market titles. 2) They were breaking off relations with their old North American publisher/distrbutor Strategy First and would publish...
  15. J

Superpower 2 Ship Date

I will certainly wait for reviews and player feed back. I found the first one totally disappointing and in general, nothing significant seem to happen except things I caused. I tried several times with a variety of settings and then uninstalled and regreted as a total waste of money. There was a...
  16. J

GalCiv

Have been playing quite a while checking my games in the Metaverse on line I see that most victories were cultural but I had some millitary victories and one tech victory. (Although the last I achieved by turning off the other victory conditions just to play through to that level. A fairly long...
  17. J

Matrix's War in the Pacific

This is one of the few games (to my experience the only games since Gary Grisby's original War in the Pacific) that gets the issues of air and sea interdiction, which is the heart of the Pacific War right. You can't go sailing your fleets into area where the opposition has a functioning air...
  18. J

Decisive Battles

This seems to be a series. I have to wonder if the game has been held up due to programmers working on doing the footages for the shows.
  19. J

Question For Americans.........

Yeah but the signs were better in the fifties. Rhyming like the old Burma Shave signs. Every five miles from DC south, back when there were no interstates and reading road signs was a major entertainment.
  20. J

HOI players??

I am a big fan of the Paradox games based on the EU engine, have EU, EUII, Victoria, Crudager Kings and Hearts of Iron. The only one I really dislike was Hearts of Iron. My test for a global world war II game is how well it handles air and sea interdiction in the pacific theater. HOI fails at...