Search results

1. J

Stairway to rock heaven - Led Zeppelin tune tops rock song poll

Oops! I porked the puppy! The version I like best is actually with Brad Gillis on Speak of the Devil. I think it beats Rhoads' version, which is also spectacular.:thumup:
  2. J

I agree with that sentiment. I love Paranoid, but find "Paranoid Classic" dated. I prefer Ozzy's live version with Randy Castillo far more.
  3. J

I got this over the weekend. ========================================================= Stairway to rock heaven - Led Zeppelin tune tops rock song poll Fri Dec 24, 4:36 AM ET LONDON (AFP) - Perennial rock favourite "Stairway to Heaven" by Led Zeppelin is the greatest rock music song of...
  4. J

Which is a better Beer and Pretzels Game?

Also look at Avalon Hill's Emperor of China. It's so simple even my wife can play (don't tell her I said that),and I think simplicity is key when alcohol (or wives) is involved.
  5. J

What do you think about the JAG serie

Who lives in a pineapple under the sea? SPONG BOB SQUARE PANTS! This show is never missed at my house. My son knows the song by heart.
  6. J

If by Home Improvement you mean Tim Allen's show, that's it. If you mean some guy rebuilding some rich guy's basement, I'll quit watching TV again.
  7. J

Turner's Gettysburg

That's a good enough reason for me! I just wish they'd make the darned movie!
  8. J

Reviewing Alexander the Great

Thanks for the review. This is a more useful review that the ones that the press has out, coming from someone who knows who Alexander the Great died.
  9. J

TV Westerns

Never a fan of the show and never saw the movie. Give me Wagon Train anyday!
  10. J

Every episode should have about 9 guys getting a power of attorney, and one guy wanting advice on selling his 1982 rusted BMW, followed by a half dozen guys getting counseling for Article 15s/Captains masts. :laugh:
  11. J

The girl is nice-looking. Can't stand the show other than that. :laugh:
  12. J

American Civil War or Napoleonic

During that general era, companies were administrative, not combat units. Regiments generally (there are exceptions, of course) fought as a block or detaching battalions. Because companies didn't usually fight independently, it's going to make it hard for you to find rules that focus on that...
  13. J

Thinking about getting started

SGT Long, now that I'm at home and can dig around through my crap, I've found some Napoleonic Rules I can send you if you're still interested. Just let me know and I'll stick them in the mail (it's neither big nor heavy).
  14. J

What are you painting right now?

A couple of weeks ago I started digging out my army and repairing/repainting. So far, I have dug out 16 companies of foot archers, (6 figures each, and a captain) and begun getting them back in usable shape again. A few years in a box was hard on them. Also dug out a horse archer regiment (50...
  15. J

Gods and Generals review and reactions?

You guys talk like that's a bad thing :D
  16. J

Your Favourite TV series...

Oops! I forgot that one. Add it to my list. I got to see Only Fools and Horses one time...very funny and a good show.
  17. J

Thank goodness. My understand was the the original KKK was eliminated by the end of reconstruction, when it was no longer needed.. Be that as it may, thank goodness they are not around in the numbers now they were 80 years ago.
  18. J

I apologize. I was unaware that Illinois is now a Southern state :D
  19. J

Why did they have to make a game out of this?

Hear hear. We have a forum for politics and this is not it. Good call BigMik.
  20. J

I admit here as I admitted there that I had to go find out about some Northern Generals, so I guess I'm in the category at the end of your paragraph :D . I disagree completely with your lead-in though. In the 1920s, the KKK was stronger in the North than in the South. Today, the head of...