Search results

1. F

Best movie in the WW1 time period.

I was also amazed at Pancho Villa's body dissappearance and that they found his real body and burried it at a known location (his head was never found). Many people also did not know (nothing with the movie) is that the campaign against Villa (U.S. under Pershing) gave Patton a reputation (he...
  2. F

The Ultimate WW2 movie thread

Thanks Lance, I was not familiar with the background in those areas. Thanks again.:thumb:
  3. F

The movie was supposed to be a blockbuster like "Titanic". A few Americans did fly for the RAF but what about the pilots that flew for the "Flying Tigers" in China under Chang Kai-Sheik. And some Americans did fight in the Spanish Civil War. If you have some insight, let me know. I'm very...
  4. F

Best movie in the WW1 time period.

Re: Same Time Period It's a good movie and Banderas plays a good role as Pancho Villa. AREEBA!!:banana:
  5. F

Nothing wrong with your opinion on the movies but some guys like things and others like different things. Take care.:thumb: :toast:
  6. F

Celebrities that played leaders in USCW movies like Martin Sheen, Sam Elliot, Tom Beringer, and others are into military history. I hope you guys pull it off. It would make a great boost to the magazine. Here's to your success!!!:thumb: :banana: :toast: :bowdown: ;) :cool: :terms:
  7. F

Re: Re: Re: Ike movie good idea!! I wish that he could come onto the Forum. I wonder how he felt playing "IKE".:cool:
  8. F

Re: Re: Movie "IKE: Countdown to D-Day I liked Robert Duvall (Godfather, Colors, The Eagle has Landed, etc) as Lee in Gods and Generals.:horse: :bowdown:
  9. F

I have to comment on some of your choices. BOB, I agree with you was outstanding. Saving Private Ryan it was okay, but German tactics did play with infantry (grenadiers) with Canadien units in Normandy and other operations (read "Grenadiers" by Kurt Meyer). Das Boot - a classic but it became...
  10. F

It would be nice if you and your staff would consider having an open forum with a celebrity (spotlight) on WWII, tactics, USCW, or other military operations. It would be a boost to not only the magazine but to the website.:thumb: :toast: :horse: :bowdown: :D :rolleyes: :terms: :cool:
  11. F

I seen bits and pieces from it by watching the discovery channel segment in wings (JU-57) and World War Two on DVD which shows the formation of fallshirmjagers in formation prior to boarding. Thanks.:bowdown:
  12. F

Keep up the good work on the staff and let us know if any celebrities are on the Forum. It would be great to send a message to those who portray war heroes in movies.:banana: :bowdown: :toast: :horse:
  13. F

Need assistance in finding "Fallschirmjager movie" I always see a short documentary film showing fallshirmjager (German paras) in a hanger prior to boarding JU-57s. It looks like a recruiting comercial but can anyone give me the name of this movie or clip. I am very interesting in obtaining...
  14. F

Oh Yes, I consider A & E one of the best cable networks in producing historical projects. With the history channel, they make our lives as historical buffs very interesting.:bowdown: :toast: :thumb:
  15. F

I can't wait to see it because many actors (that are women magnets) have made the adjustment to war movies. Robert Redford played a good role in a "Bridge to Far" and others such as Clint Eastwood, Brad Pitt (Legends of the Fall) made the adjustment. The only movie I ever seen Tom Selleck...
  16. F

Re: Ike movie good idea!! It weird they picked Selleck to play Ike (Sorry Ladies, the man had to shave his moustache and head):laugh: :drool: I hope the previews are good.:terms:
  17. F

It a good movie based on the 1st Special Service Force under the late BG William Frederick. I wish that the Canadien government and American Government could come up with the same kind of force in today's military. They would become elite as the 1st in WWII. The bar scene and capturing...
  18. F

Movie "IKE: Countdown to D-Day A&E will be releasing a movie on Memorial Day, May 31, 2004 (8pm Eastern) called "IKE: Countdown to Day". Tom Selleck will play Eisenhower. I can't wait to see it. Selleck playing Eisenhower. He shaved his moustache and head for this role. I think they...
  19. F

Did anyone ever watch "The MacKenzie Break". It is a good movie about German P.O.W.s escaping from a British camp in WWII. :thumb:
  20. F

Everyone should watch "Sahara" with one of the best alltime actors, Humphrey Bogart. One Stuart tank (lulabelle) against a battalion of Germans in the desert. The Germans wanted water but Boggy, the tough sergeant plays a game of deception to delay the Germans from Tobruk. The movie...