Search results

1. V

Gettysburg Campaign III

Didn't Fitz Lee die in one of your earlier battles?
  2. V

Combat Commander by GMT

Actually from what I have read of people playtesting CC, it is supposed to be a fun game. As to everyone doing tactical WWII, when hasn't this been the case? There are plenty of titles out there that deal with other periods.
  3. V

Call of Duty 2

In addition to the latest drivers (especially Nvidia as 81.85 or the 81.87 beta drivers have changes for CoD2 apparently), I would make sure you have good airflow in your case, and add fans if needed. I was having a problem with my system freezing for a couple of different games, and upgraded...
  4. V

Call of Duty 2

I just picked it up last night, and the graphics are very nice. I only had time to start the training. I can see a lot of time being spent in this game. My girlfriend isn't going to like this. In the last month I have picked up Diplomacy, Civ 4, AoE3, CoD2, DoW: Winter Assault, and Football...
  5. V

Call of Duty 2 Screens

That does look nice. I tried to find the system requirements but didn't find anything at the CoD2 site. Looks like some more $ will be going their way.
  6. V

How old are you?

Hmmm, I think the first pc wargame I played was some AH wargame dealing with roman legions. Not sure. I remember playing their nuke game, but I can't recall the name. Also was one called jagdpanzer or something like that. I remember getting some Gary Grigsby games back then. What I really wanted...
  7. V

How old are you?

Yep I had a Commodore 64 back then, I was only 13 then though. :) Pushing 33 now. I had been wargaming back then and all through high school at a local game shop. I think I was the only minor who showed up to play games, but no one seemed to mind. Sucks thinking that was an Iowa town of 100k...
  8. V

matrix games and wargamer.com sites off line?

Back up They are back up now.
  9. V

matrix games and wargamer.com sites off line?

Are these sites just down temporarily or do they no longer exist? Matrix seems to still be publishing games, so I would imagine they are still around. Thanks
  10. V

matrix games and wargamer sites

Are these just having problems today, or did I miss something recently?
  11. V

DnO

I just found a v3.6 at http://www.toaw.co.uk
  12. V

DnO

I notice a lot of ppl talking about DnO. Where is the scenario located now? I think it used to be in the Stauffenberg section, but that appears to no longer exist.
  13. V

Electronic manual

It fufills its pusrpose, and that is what is important.
  14. V

Electronic manual

no they need to understand the difference between a manual and a help file. 2 Very different things.
  15. V

Electronic manual

so they are just talking about the help file? Usually when somebody says an electronic version of a manual they are talking about exactly that not a help file, and it is usually a .doc or .pdf.
  16. V

Electronic manual

I was reading the 10 tips article for TAOW and it mentions there being a electronic version of the manual with the 1.04 patch. I have 1.04 installed, but I can't seem to find the manual. I have the print manual, but it would be nice to have an searchable one too.