Search results

1. L

Recommendations for a Civil War Strategy Game

The only thing that comes right to mind are the Sid Meiers games.........Gettysburg, Antietam, etc. Mark Deo Vindice
  2. L

Turner's Gettysburg

Berenger is one of the best in the business today........He has a new movie on video.......Sniper 3.......looks pretty decent. I may rent it. He played a hell of a roll in the first one. Mark Deo Vindice
  3. L

Heroic Movie scenes

My favorite scene would be in Black Hawk Down where Randy SHuggart and Gary Gordan were fighting off the Samolis to try and save the pilots life. Have to agree there...........two brave men. Not sure bravery would even be the right term for what those two men did. Mark Deo Vindice
  4. L

Heroic Movie scenes

Just watched "We Were Soldiers" again the other night........the guy who jumped on the grenade.......my wife looked at me and said, "you know, that would take a lot of guts." I looked at her and said, "yeah...."..........thats it. Couldnt think of any other words. Mark Deo Vindice
  5. L

The Alamo

I believe they would have cast a longer role for Longstreet if Berenger had been there instead of Boxlitner. It just didnt seem right after watching 'Gettysburg' all those years, waiting for 'Gods and Generals' to come out, and BOOM....its a new Longstreet. Mark Deo Vindice
  6. L

The Alamo

I like that.........at least we know that someone is interested in history as well as Hollywood. Mark Deo Vindice
  7. L

The Alamo

Elliot would be great as Forrest.....Berenger is also one of my favorite actors.......along with DeNiro and Pacino....but I cant see either of the latter two doing a Civil War or western movie. Mark Deo Vindice
  8. L

The Alamo

Sam Elliot is one of the greatest actors out there.....I dont see why they dont place him in more roles. He did a good job in 'Gettysburg', but.....I think he would have made a better Confederate officer than Union. Even though Buford was from KY. Mark Deo Vindice
  9. L

pics of people here.

Welcome aboard. :thumup: Mark Deo Vindice
  10. L

pics of people here.

Just a couple more of me here 1)Me circa 1972 2)Me circa 1972 3)Me after working all night and then my first being born. 4)Me being DAD. Mark Deo Vindice
  11. L

pics of people here.

Ballplayer......way to go. My boy Joseph is starting varsity next year. They didnt do to well with the JV team this year, but he really looked good on the field. Mark Deo Vindice
  12. L

pics of people here.

That is priceless............ :laugh: Love it. Mark Deo Vindice
  13. L

pics of people here.

Well......this would have actually been my stepdaughter. I was always considered 'dad' to her, because my wifes ex abused her and her children. My wife is 36, and I am 33. Tabitha just turned 21. My wife was only 16 when she delivered Tabitha. I get that response from a lot of people. She's...
  14. L

pics of people here.

I hate having my picture taken........kinda like the Native Americans.....believed that a part of their soul was stolen if their picture was taken........I believe the Red Baron was camera shy also......thought it was bad luck. Evolution at work. Me and my wife before our oldest...
  15. L

pics of people here.

Great photo. Mark Deo Vindice
  16. L

pics of people here.

Great pic, Doc. Mark Deo Vindice
  17. L

Favorite Movie Scores

"Gettysburg" "Dances With Wolves" "Last of the Mohicans" "Gladiator" "The Patriot" "Blues Brothers" Mark Deo Vindice
  18. L

The Alamo

Have you seen the movie/miniseries "Texas" by James Michener? I think thats who wrote the book. Its a pretty decent film also. If I recall correctly it runs about 6 hours. Mark Deo Vindice
  19. L

The Alamo

Also rented the film last night. I would have to rate it between a 3 and a 3.5 out of 5. I agree with Georgia about the 'down to earth' mode of David Crockett in the movie. Jason Patrick did a good job as Jim Bowie, as well. Mark Deo Vindice
  20. L

Gods and Generals review and reactions?

I agree with Janos. What was/is wrong with placing the person you admire most in a high position? I make an annual trip to Guinea Station just to reflect on the death of this great man we call 'Stonewall'. Its amazing if nobody else is there. Mark Deo Vindice