Search results

1. H

Civil war games

That's strange. Is this the Talonsoft Battle ground Gettys burg or the Sid Meier's version? I have XP Pro and have no problem running them. Did you try using XP's run as Win98 program? That will usually fix it, and go to the Fireaxis' site and download the patches. If it's the Talonsoft, you...
  2. H

Long Live Talonsoft

Talonsoft I must say that John Tiller, the man behind the Battleground Series, is a true gentleman. I have had to email him a couple of times as to a question about the games and he has answered them with respect and clarity. Unlike many other games that I have , his stay on my drive and the...
  3. H

The Five Best War Movies Ever

4. H

Talonsoft's West Front

west Front Jim, I can tell you for certain that Talonsoft has gone to join Microprose in the grave yard of once great companies. Their web site is no more, replaced by Take Two's own little spot. ALL support for these games are history. The web sites I put the addresses to in my post...
  5. H

Tour of Duty.

Tour of Duty wasn't bad as some say. It wasn't until they switched the emphasis from the platoon of regular grunts that they started out with to the SpecOps that it started to go down. CBS didn't help with it's scheduling policies either. They did attempt to cover some of the issues about...
  6. H

Do you remember your very first computer game?

First Game My first wargames were for the Atari 800XL 64 Bit . Man you talk about a set up! When you put the TV, console, two 1050 floppy drives,1010 cassete recorder, 1020 letter printer, 300 bps modem together, you barely had room on the desk! Anyway the first one for me was a Atari cart...
  7. H

Talonsoft's West Front

Talonsoft Game patches jim, If you go to this site: http://www.wargamer.com/thegamersnet/patches.asp You will find the patches that you need for East/West Front as well as a host of other games such as TAOW 1/2, Rising Sun, the Battleground series as well. It is a shame that...
  8. H

R. Lee Ermey Vs. Dale Dye

If I have to pick the better of the two, I have to go with R.Lee. I know Dye from my days in the Corps. Dye started out as a enlisted Marine and spent most of his time as a 4331 ( journalist ) You can read about some of his adventures in the book DISPATCHES. One of the pictures I remember...
  9. H

The Tuskagee Airmen
  10. H

I have to set up the following sections. THE BEST WWII 1. Saving Private Ryan. 2. The Longest Day 3. A Bridge Too Far 4. Patton 5. Von Ryan's Express Viet Nam- Presnt 1. Siege of Firebase Gloria 2. Bat-21 3 .Purple Heart 4. Flight Of The Intruder 5. Platoon...
  11. H

The game that wouldn't die

RE: Game that wouldn't die As a member of the F4 community I read this story with great interest and the author does have SOME of the story right- but not all. To give Hasbro credit, they did support F4 alot longer than many games out there. It went through 7 different patches before Hasbro...
  12. H

OT - Good ACW computer game?

If you are looking for a good ACW games, I have some that you might consider. Talonsoft ( the same company that published the TAOW games) published the following : Battleground Gettysburg Battleground 7: Bull Run Battleground 4: Shiloh Battleground 5: Antietam Battleground 9...
  13. H

First issue Feedback

I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!! It's about time that a magazine of this caliber hit the stands. I found it at my local book store in the midst of the SOF, paintball, history mags. I can't wait for the next issue.