Search results

1. P

Korea: The Forgotten War...

Unfortunately I don't have such at hand. One online source lists roots to be in germanic languages and notes for example swedish word for it "torn". Finnish words which come from swedish by adding "i" at the end are numerous.
  2. P

Korea: The Forgotten War...

Might be. Not that it is related but in Finnish both turret and tower are translated as "torni" which Google translates as a first option to tower. Turret is listed in the alternatives though.
  3. P

Scenario card format

FWIW At least here in Finland it is nigh impossible to find letter sized protectors. And the sellers in Amazon who have those won't ship here. Luckily there was at least one brand of protectors which although marketed as A4 sized actually fit both. Sadly hole alignment is off when using with...
  4. P

Deck dice / fair dice

Wow, this blew up quite a lot more than I thought it would. But I appreciate it. Main takeway for me from this is the fact that dice have no memory and deck does if it is not resuffled. And possibility for card counting etc.
  5. P

Deck dice / fair dice

This. And I knew what my opinion on the matter was. The purpose for this thread was more to see if I could gather some more counters the next time we play, ASL or something else. Thank you all for the comments.
  6. P

Deck dice / fair dice

I have a friend who has a rather profound distaste for dice. "They ruin the game" and is of opinion that deck dice or some other implementation resulting in guaranteed (?) fair roll results would be much better. My question is, are there people who play like this and if there are do you think...
  7. P

CyberVASL VIII

I am trying to hold the doors shut as Germans against Patricks eager Canadian churchgoers in G35. First blood has been drawn...
  8. P

New members introduce yourself here

Resources is at least something this hobby is not lacking :) Actually got into my first VASL PBEM game today. And would like to start many more to get plenty of action, but not sure how many I can realistically commit to simultaneously. I need to contain my excitment...
  9. P

New members introduce yourself here

New member reporting in. I have known of the existence of ASL for a long time, but somehow it has felt intimidating. Noticed SK1&2 for a good price in FB boardgame sales group and decided to pick them up. Already planning on purchasing BV... I am from Finland, and there seems to be an active...
  10. P

Are there any 3-player scenarios that can be played with SK#1&2 components?

Thanks for the tips. I think for the first try we'll split the Germans in Vierville in two and see how it goes.
  11. P

Are there any 3-player scenarios that can be played with SK#1&2 components?

As title says: Are there any 3-player scenarios that can be played with SK#1&2 components? I am just getting started in this and would like to learn the basics together with couple friends of mine and would like all of us to get piece of the action.