Search results

1. H

wire

I tried, but a nasty gang of ASLers got wind of my endeavours then ambushed me in a back alley and beat me senseless with their Zimmer frames. Apparently not satisfied with the certain knowledge that my rules would never see the light of day and were intended only for personal use, or private...
  2. H

For King & Country reprint

I pre-ordered SK4 from MMP because they have always been really good for customer service. Got 2 copies with the idea of recouping some of the postage to Australasia by selling one locally, as a trial. Although MMP were great I wouldn't do it again because the resell was a bit bewildering and...
  3. H

Is a hex adjacent to itself?

Again! Clumsy me...
  4. H

Is a hex adjacent to itself?

Oops! Slipped on my phone. Pardon me!
  5. H

Embankment Railroads - inherent terrain?

It's gratifying to have insights like this into design intentions
  6. H

low crawl

Shortest path in MF in that context refers only to the use of shellhole/entrenchment/pillbox to avoid Interdiction
  7. H

Street Fighting and residual..

I humbly submit the following. D7.211 states that the DEFENDER is treated as using Assault Movement. A4.61 then states that "A unit using Assault Movement in Open Ground is subject to the -1 FFMO DRM but not to the -1 FFNAM DRM." D7.15 also establishes a precedent for FFMO applying outside of...
  8. H

Snoohiewoofer and a 12

See post #10 for evidence to the contrary
  9. H

Snoohiewoofer and a 12

A11.13 assumes the existence of a relevant black Kill Number for a given CC DR, implying the intention that such a DR is always made with reference to the Close Combat Table.
  10. H

Snap shot and firelanes

And what was Perry's response to this part of the request?
  11. H

C9.3, A4.41, A7.25 Mortars, Moving Spotters, and Opportunity Fire

It's the same odd ambiguity that arises from making MPs vanish by "intending" to enter a Location for which not enough MPs remain. The intention is non-binding. It would be nice to replace intentions with binding commitments - there might then be fewer fisticuffs at tournaments.
  12. H

From C9.3: A mortar cannot be designated for Opportunity Fire if it has no Spotter (9.3) and its intended target is out of its LOS.
  13. H

I assumed that failure to mark the spotter would preclude its use for spotting in that turn, but now i see how other assumptions may be made.
  14. H

Good questions! Now I'm wondering how much of it I have wrong... I believe some of the wording is accounting for HIP spotters, where the predesignation must be recorded on a side record. My understanding is that for each turn that the spotter is spotting it is marked with a fire counter, since...
  15. H

Note the second part of sentence quoted from C9.3: Spotting is considered the equivalent of using a SW for purposes of movement curtailment and inherent FP loss; the Spotter must be predesignated by the owning player during his PFPh/DFPh and marked with an appropriate fire counter for having...
  16. H

Reversing in bypass cost?

A violation of Newtonian hex-time-space physics perhaps, but good chunks of ASL reside in a quantum mechanical hex-reality where uncertainty over location and momentum for example reigns, at least until final resolution of certain gameplay circumstances. YMMV
  17. H

Delay fire onto same hex former Melee

That seems an outrageous way to circumvent the gun duel rule in order to get free shots off at a unit restricted to action in only the CCPh, or until Melee is ended, at the AFV's pleasure. I hadn't seen this before jrv opened my eyes to the freedom of the AFV in not being "held in Melee". It...
  18. H

And i may therefore be wildly wrong in my interpretation...
  19. H

I'm inclined to think that although the AFV cannot be held in Melee, it is nevertheless subject to the restrictions of Melee until it leaves the hex or the Melee no longer exists. This would invalidate the use of Bounding Fire until a Start MP is spent. I can't find such a rule though, sorry.
  20. H

THH Question

Note too the EXC to A25.231 that mentions the case at hand - Banzai charge against same-hex target (not that it adds much to understanding the situation - just that the circumstances did come under consideration at some point in the rules)