Search results

1. J

Alternative World War - mod for TOAWIII with Communist PO

True. No Allied Mountain troops (besides the Hungarians and Romanians) or other 'special' forces (besides the ABN units). I've 'played' with a copy (not the newest one, since I'm still playing a test copy, and loosing bad....) and adjusted a few Allied forces as mountain troops, due to the...
  2. J

Good news! You have my contact info - I'm on break from College (for a few more days), and can assist as you need. All ya gotta do is ask...:laugh: Been meaning to ask - seems many Allied minors have either little/no AA strength? By design, or, history? Been trying to seek out research to...
  3. J

Do you need some help? Let me know by PM or at my maildrop jwnorton(at)gmail<dot>com. I'm learning the editor, but willing to do some grunt work to learn... -J
  4. J

Toche', or is that, 'touchy'? :nuts: First game I played, the SOV's took Warsaw by turn 7, Berlin on Turn 16, and were well on their way... Several games later (my current one), I've managed to stop them outside Berlin, but, just barely... I hope the Big Three come soon....:cry:
  5. J

Is the proficiency for the SOV troops going to remain at 70-75%. I've been playing the game, and the SOV's seem to go thru the Germans and Poles like a hot knife and butter... The origional had them at 60% and at 40% supply. They have a whole lot of power in the new version.
  6. J

only thing I've seen is the Norwegian Inf DIV's -they seem more like Birgades than Divisions. Still preening thru it, and loving the larger format. Almost a Monster wargame of old...
  7. J

Newbie question - forces with -1 values in Editor

hmmm... So, how do you edit a unit that won't modify a unit that way? Like I said, a newbie working with the editor. I only wish the manual did describe how to remove equipment... Any helping suggestions will be greatly appriciated..
  8. J

No, nothing like that - just the stock TOAW game But, I did notice that I can get rid of it by modifying the value to -10 or -100, and it does go away. I'm home, just got our broken water pipe fixed, and waiting for our town's water guys to turn on our service, and have time to 'play'...
  9. J

Here's a screenie of what I mean: Any ideas of how to fix this or suggestions to prevent this?
  10. J

Map Files - Central Europe

http://www.xtreme-gamer.com/forums/downloads.php?do=file&id=1272 may fit your needs - the map is a beaut...
  11. J

I'll work on posting one tonite... BTW - has anyone used the F4/5 keys that are mentioned in the manual? I've read the breif blurb, and never knew there was a method to do mass edits that way... The things one learns when he RTFM.....:nuts:
  12. J

Sent you a PM *Update* PM says your box is full (10 messages total????) Here's the body - Hi Ben, Hopes this finds you in good health and spirits. I guess what I'm trying to say is when I try to edit/change a piece of equipment in the unit listing, it returns back with a -1 value. I too...
  13. J

Okay, trying to play with a scenario, and editing the forces, and the equipment that I modifed shows as -1. Any ideas? Oh, and does someone have a good idea how to manipulate the force editor? I have my old book, but there seems to be quite a bit more than that. Thanks from a confused...
  14. J

TOAW III New Player Workshop - Enrollment

Hey, Heinz, Is it too late to be added to a group? count me in to either one - I'll learn either way... -Jeff
  15. J

TOAW development journal

Nice counter art, Boonie.... good job!
  16. J

FitE 5.0 Notes and general Tactics/Strategy Workshop

What are the funny looking red birds near some counters - an alternate airfield symbol? If so, sorry - used to the extended triangle thingy....
  17. J

1914-1918 - Piero vs. Nemo

Not to rain on the war, but could either side post some screenies? It would highlight and display what is actually happening to us newbies (returning from several years lay-off)...;)
  18. J

OT - Good ACW computer game?

Was thinking more along the lines of Op/Strat ACW. I've played the Gettysburg one and liked it. Liked it more when I got a faster rig. I know that HPS did a Strat ACW game that is available on Underdogs website, but not sure if there is anything better out there.... Thanks for all the...
  19. J

Broadband vs. Dialup

Cable hookup. Life begins at 600Kps...:thumb: