Search results

1. Gordon

Nimbus counter question

Does anyone know which chapter H vehicle note pertains to the "-1" that appears on the Nimbus counter above the ROF? Is it the vehicle size? Is it the +2 rather than +3 Case C To Hit DRM? TIA
  2. Gordon

Funnel of Death bombardments question

For my first ever scenario featuring a bombardment I'm playing FoD (what was I thinking?) as the Russians. I'd like some help making sure that I understand how the 5 overlapping bombardment areas are handled. Do we run through each hex within each bombardment area (with some overlapping areas...
  3. Gordon

Chapter H Vehicle Listings in a spreadsheet?

Does anyone have the Chapter H Vehicle listings (and Gun listings) in the form of one or more spreadsheets? It would save me a lot of typing as part of the VASL SVG counters prototyping. TIA
  4. Gordon

I'm ready to emigrate to Australia

5. Gordon

Guns and armor penetration testing by Soviets

Interesting.
  6. Gordon

Any "old salts" familiar with AH's "Wooden Ships & Iron Men" out there?

I'm trying to resolve some apparent gaps in the rules.
  7. Gordon

Weird SVG rendering bug?

I have created SVG images for use in a module I am updating. If I try to use colored text it works when I rotate the text but if I have text that is oriented horizontally the engine seems to render it black. Has anyone seen this? NVRMND I found that the weirdness appears to have been within the...
  8. Gordon

Implementation question

I've been trying to modify an existing module to add functionality and even though I've been trying to figure out how to do it by reading the Designer's Guide I seem to have a mental block. So I'm looking for some advice. Here's what I'm trying to do. I have a game piece that implements "wind...
  9. Gordon

A beautiful tank model

but it will definitely qualify for a red CS # as it is VERY flamable. Man Builds Hyperrealistic Soviet TANK Out of Wood | T-34 Replica by @WOODARTISANART (youtube.com)
  10. Gordon

Adding more options to the custom phase wheel, turn and reinforcement markers

I'm thinking about adding: Canadian (Maple leaf) Australian (Red Kangaroo) New Zealand (Kiwi) and Korean War North Korea CPVA South Korea United Nations Do we need combo markers for the following or are the individual markers sufficient? North Korea/CPVA U.S./South Korea U.S./U.N...
  11. Gordon

2nd Edition Suspect counters for VASL

To whom it may concern (I figured I might get more feedback here than if I posted this is VASL, but I can cross post it if necessary). I thought I would play around with adding the Blue and Green suspect counters VASL that were added in SASL 2nd edition. Personally, I like to use the...
  12. Gordon

Italian HMG (Breda 37) should it be B12?

https://www.forgottenweapons.com/breda-37-italys-forgotten-heavy-machine-gun/
  13. Gordon

E7.402 Point Attack

A FB is making its second attack of a Point Attack on a moving unit(s). Assuming the unit is non-assault moving in open ground then: Q1: Does FFNAM/FFMO apply if the unit(s) were unaffected by the initial attack? Q2: Does FFNAM/FFMO apply if the unit(s) were broken by the initial attack...
  14. Gordon

Aircraft point attack versus a moving unit

Does the second attack of an aircraft's point attack on a moving unit/stack still get FFMO/FFNAM if all the units broke from the first attack? What if an MMC did not break or if a Leader was wounded? TIA
  15. Gordon

Excess baggage

Considering all the Panzerfausts and ATMMs that late war German squads lug around you'd think their inherent PP capacity should be reduced.
  16. Gordon

Napalm progression question

G17.4 "Napalm" talks about placing a "+3 Smoke" under a "Blaze" counter when Naplam hits. It then says (in part): "All Blaze/Smoke rules apply in the normal manner except as stated otherwise. When that Smoke counter is removed from the board (such removal is possible only as per A24.4) " and...
  17. Gordon

Weird new installation issue

I'm trying to install VASSAL/VASL on a new laptop and I've encountered a weird situation with extensions. I add extensions but they don't get loaded when I load VASL. The VASSAL error log doesn't show any errors but also doesn't seem to show the extensions being loaded. The VASL console doesn't...
  18. Gordon

2 U.S. M20 AC counters?

Somehow these escaped my storage system. Where did they come from? TIA
  19. Gordon

Are open topped vehicles all incorrectly lumped into the same category?

Standing up on my soap box. I get it. If my infantry is "buttoned up" in a halftrack their heads are down and they're not shooting at the enemy. However, if my TD is buttoned up, the gunner still has his optics and the commander probably still has his optics, and or periscope(s), and should be...
  20. Gordon

The man who survived BOTH atomic bombings

Two atomic weapons have been used in wartime, and Kenshi Hirata, a diminutive, sad-faced resident of Nagasaki, was one of a handful of people on this earth who experienced both of them. When the bomb hit Hiroshima on August 6, 1945, Hirata was at work at the Mitsubishi shipyards three miles...