Search results

1. Gordon

Map descriptors/tags

I'd suggest starting with the SASL map classification and then adding additional attributes to that. SASL classifies "City", "Village", "Farmland", "Rural", "Hills", and "River. In addition, the "Woods" attribute can be added to one of the above categories if there are "enough" woods hexes. and...
  2. Gordon

No Chapter H updates for Twilight of the Reich's "additional" counters?

Are there plans for updated Chapter H pages for the 4.7 cm PaK 185, and various Axis Minor counters included in Twilight? Did I miss a post or update (wouldn't be the first time)?
  3. Gordon

Nimbus counter question

Yes, I saw that, but I would have expected it to be called out in the copious vehicle-specific notes along with all the other "daggered" items. However, as jyoung pointed out it is covered in the Motorcycle rules, and it seems they expected it to be obvious. Clearly I hadn't had enough caffeine...
  4. Gordon

Nimbus counter question

Ah, I should have thought to check the Motorcycle rules.
  5. Gordon

Nimbus counter question

Does anyone know which chapter H vehicle note pertains to the "-1" that appears on the Nimbus counter above the ROF? Is it the vehicle size? Is it the +2 rather than +3 Case C To Hit DRM? TIA
  6. Gordon

Son Injured during Airborne Training

Hoping for a full and quick recovery.
  7. Gordon

Funnel of Death bombardments question

The main question is about the hidden stuff (fortifications, HIP, minefields, etc.). Does my opponent just run down his list of such items and perform a bunch of die rolls (depending on any overlap between different bombardments) and reveal any failure results? Does he have to announce that he...
  8. Gordon

Funnel of Death bombardments question

For my first ever scenario featuring a bombardment I'm playing FoD (what was I thinking?) as the Russians. I'd like some help making sure that I understand how the 5 overlapping bombardment areas are handled. Do we run through each hex within each bombardment area (with some overlapping areas...
  9. Gordon

squad leader review Arab Israeli conflict of 1948 / Genesis

Can we get a rehash of Mark's review?
  10. Gordon

East Front - maps, overlays, scenarios

According to New Vanguard #2 "T-34-85 Medium Tank 1944-1994" during 11 - 12 August 1944 a lone T-34/85 ambushed a platoon of King Tigers from sPzAbt 501 and knocked out 3. The hull was "well camouflaged" by the corn field it was in and the crew had "further camouflaged the turret with corn...
  11. Gordon

PSA: TotR, VASL and you

" The existing counters work fine for all play as long as you pay attention to what you are doing. " - Truer words have never been spoken. If only I didn't have the attention span of a goldfish.
  12. Gordon

Chapter H Vehicle Listings in a spreadsheet?

Thanks! I'm assuming I want a spreadsheet because a CSV was how I was planning to automate the creation of the VASL SVG-based counters. There's probably I library to parse JSON for RUST and I may poke around for one but having parsed JSON in a previous (professional) life, it makes my head hurt.
  13. Gordon

Chapter H Vehicle Listings in a spreadsheet?

Does anyone have the Chapter H Vehicle listings (and Gun listings) in the form of one or more spreadsheets? It would save me a lot of typing as part of the VASL SVG counters prototyping. TIA
  14. Gordon

Today in ASL I ... (Day to day ASL doings)

Once we get converted over to the SVG format for counters many things will be possible.
  15. Gordon

Obviously just a rough proof of concept.
  16. Gordon

"Scalable Vector Graphics". Eventually no more blurry counters.
  17. Gordon

Working on prototyping SVG counters for VASL. Started working on a script to generate "gun" counters from a spreadsheet containing the counter data. Learning the Rust programming language in the process. Interesting so far.
  18. Gordon

The last battle

I wonder if something like Takrouna would be a good fit for such a treatment.
  19. Gordon

The last battle

(woof)