Search results

1. rgrove

Doomed

A Russian 9-1 leader and his LMG fire on an approaching stack of German 8-3-8s for no effect during DFPh. The Germans move adjacent and he Subsequent fires again for no effect and then risks Final Fire, passes his morale check but the Germans do as well and remain a threat. The Germans fire...
  2. rgrove

Ever done this?

When new and still learning have you ever run an entire scenario and realized you never placed a single Residual Firepower counter, or checked ROF on your MGs, or noticed ELR on morale checks or made some other completely stupid mistake for the entire game. (Forgetting to half Advancing Fire by...
  3. rgrove

Berserk Recovery

A Berserk squad moves into the same hex as a stack of enemy broken units during the MPh. They are fired on by enemies during the DFF but survive. (One wonders if enemies fired on the hex during DFPh if both sides would be affected there??) The Berserk squad fires in its AFPh but has no effect -...
  4. rgrove

Historical notes

I was flipping through the unit historical notes and was suprised to find actual rules in bedded in there. I suppose one should research the units included in each scenario before playing? I thought they were just background color info, but I stand corrected. Just when you thought you had a grip...
  5. rgrove

Hakka parallel rules sheets.

Just finished updating my rule book with all the errata listed on this sight. Mmp pages, stickys, all done. I just recieved my copy of Hakka Paalle today and see it has a bunch of replacement pages. Are these after the updated errata or do they have to be updated once inserted as well? They are...
  6. rgrove

Sniping a Flamethrower

Does the -1 modifier to incoming fire on a FT apply in anyway to a Sniper shot?
  7. rgrove

Rubbled Building

If a squad is in the rubble filled hex they receive a +2/+3 TEM but if LOS passes through the hex on the way to them elsewhere they get a +1 Hindrance modifier. Correct? Rubble is both a protective hex and a grain like hindrance when appearing along LOS somewhere. I assume its a half level...
  8. rgrove

Depressions - Crest Status and Entrenchments

To Foxholes and Trenches qualify for the Crest effects as per B20.9?
  9. rgrove

Two Questions - Bridges and Boobytraps

1. The small bridges spanning gullies - are they a line of sight hindrance at all? Or do they simply serve to split the hex into two locations, bridge and IN gully? 2. Does Booby Trap capability reach into all hexes? Even Open Ground? Buildings and rubble seem reasonable but triggering them in...
  10. rgrove

Electronic Rules?

I see people posting exerts from the rules all the time on the forum here and BGG. Are they manually typing these sections into the field or do they have an electronic copy somehow?
  11. rgrove

Concealment Aid

Anyone know of a cheat sheet or reference card out there to help with Concealment? The Chart is great but theres a lot of depth in the rules that require constant re-reading.
  12. rgrove

Infinite MG Firing

A German HMG team kept rate 11 times straight during their Prep Fire phase. The stubborn Russians on the receiving end finally Pinned after some spectacular MC and TC checks. Is that correct by rules? Could you perpetually just keep rolling as long as you kept ROF on your MG? (During Prep Fire...
  13. rgrove

Urban Trenches

Im playing the Commisar's House as my first full blown ASL scenario after a number of 'training' scenarios while relearning the game after a LONG hiatus. Right off, during setup, I find myself stumbling over the placement of the Russian Trenches. Its board 20, a pretty congested urban sprawl...
  14. rgrove

Simple, probably obvious, Rout Question

A couple broken German squads and their Good Order leader find themselves in a large (two story) building with Russian on opposite sides and adjacent. They are all on the ground floor therefore the Germans have no rout path (any direction they move keeps them adjacent to an already adjacent unit...
  15. rgrove

Help with LOS

Ive read the LOS rules dozens of times and they seem to be pretty straight forward but in practice I get confused almost every time. Is there a commentary out there somewhere or a cheat sheet/flow chart that helps on a case to case basis? "Two story building, which is a 1.5 level obstacle...
  16. rgrove

12 halftracks? Seriously?

I was clipping away happily at the counters in my newly acquired copy of Yanks when it hit me for the first time - and Ive been involved with ASL for decades. Why in the hell are there so many of each type of vehicle in the counter mix? Ive never seen a scenario with more than just a few...
  17. rgrove

Berserk - Auto Broken = Dead

A Berserk Half Squad and Leader rush an enemy hex. They take a 1KIA result. The random roll indicates the Leader is KIA and since the rest of the stack is automatically broken, the berserk HS is reduced and therefore dies. Right?
  18. rgrove

Rout Interdiction - Snap Shot LOS

Can a routing unit be interdicted if its path includes crossing a hexside that would normally be a valid snap shot target for an enemy? (Moving from one building into another but the hexside between is in complete LOS)
  19. rgrove

Rule on MMG/HMG Setup

I know I read a rule somewhere that MMGs and HMGs cant fire in the Advancing Fire Phase if they moved except for the German MGs which can fire as a LMG if moved. I cant find it anywhere though! Help?
  20. rgrove

Scenario Rule Additions

Im re-learning my way up through the Starter #1 Scenarios first but exposing myself (ewww.., sorry couldn't be helped) to the entire ASL Rulebook, in parts, as I go. For example Im playing SIMPLE EQUATION, Scenario S3 but am considering adding in mutli-story buildings, Concealment and a couple...