Search results

1. gulliver62

FrF86 Belgian Tigers

Jim Holt and I have been playing through the latest Friendly Fire pack as time allows. We finished up Belgian Tigers before Christmas with myself playing the Belgian defenders. Things stared off well enough with the Belgians beating back the German crossing of the bridge and a weak probe on the...
  2. gulliver62

SP180 Encircle This!

Ramping up my practice with vehicles. Played this on VASL as the Russians. Initially, things went well with my kill stacks decimating the front lines of the Russians and using smoke I am able to push up to the edge of the factories. The side effect is that the Russians have routed back to the...
  3. gulliver62

AP106 Helluva Patrol Leader

Played this as the Americans in one of our monthly f2f game days. The American goal is to take two row houses and a small building. For that you get a good array of leaders, and SW and 12 squads. The terrain is very dense with a bit of boccage thrown in for good measure. I was able to cut...
  4. gulliver62

A12.153 Mopping Up

Normally, I learn rules when my opponent uses one in the game and I am left to say "Wow, you can do that?". For once it went differently. Playing J191 Rebels Without a Pause as the Germans. We are in turn 5 and a broken Slovak unit has to surrender for failure to rout. I decided to invoke...
  5. gulliver62

Placing Victory Hex markers

I was trying to place victory/control hex markings and am missing something. I use the Deluxe Draggable dropdown - Allied Control But when I bring the marker onto the board I cannot determine how to snap it to a hex, or even change the size or select it later to change from allied to axis or...
  6. gulliver62

ASL67 Cibik's Ridge

Got in a VASL training scenario of ASL67 Cibik's Ridge with myself as the Americans. I have never played PTO and wanted to get in at least some before Spreading Blaze. This was a very last minute get together and I really rushed my setup so we could start. Learned never to do that as I didn't...
  7. gulliver62

Guards eliminated in Melee with other units available

In a melee - good order allied 1/2 squad guarding prisoners - 2x good order allied squads - 2x axis squads melee results - guarding 1/2 squad is eliminated - 1x axis squad is eliminated We interpreted the rule as: One of the good order allied squads remaining assumed guard duty and was still...
  8. gulliver62

Understanding the CH Counters.

OK, I will start with a few confessions. - Yes, I am a total newb and really have no real use for any of these products (yet! there is a yet.) - But, i'm obsessive....and I want them I am researching in several places and having a difficult time distinguishing the exact nature of some (many?)...
  9. gulliver62

F2F Game Wanted - Newbie Atlanta Area

I am getting back into gaming after 10's of year absence. I would like to play f2f with someone who is willing to help me learn the rules so I can be a worthy opponent. Willing to drive a bit (of course in Atlanta you always have to be willing to drive). thanks all