Search results

1. Servius

Sniper vs Concealed Stack and Random Selection

We were studying the Sniper rule last night and here is our question: For a dr of '2' a dummy stack is eliminated. Do all effective sniper attacks break concealment for real units. The question came out of the situation where there is more than one unit under a '?' and the selection roll is...
  2. Servius

WW2 6 Pounder Anti-Tank Gun in Action

Share and Enjoy.
  3. Servius

Defensive Fire, Fire Groups question

I want to see if I understand this properly. We are in ASLSK but the goal is to learn full ASL. A squad manning a machine gun chooses to fire just its organic FP against a squad as FF. The target is eliminated. Squad has FF marker, not the MG. Another target comes into view. Can the squad...
  4. Servius

Routing Question with Stacking Limits

A question came up in our game yesterday. A unit has to rout but its adjacent hexes along the rout lines are already at their stacking limit. Is this unit eliminated for failure to rout? I was inclined to say yes but allowed it since the one rule on routing said that such a hex could be...
  5. Servius

ASLSK S6 Released From The East

This is our last SK1 scenario. We've played each of the other scenarios twice over the last year taking turns attacking and defending the scenarios. It's been quite a learning experience finding tactics and learning how the rules apply in real life. In this scenario, I'm playing the German...
  6. Servius

What is the largest map you've played ASL on?

When things warm up here to the point I can work in my garage again comfortably I would like to build myself a foldable gaming table. My question is, "What is the largest map you've played ASL on?" I would assume it's the Red Barricades map but I don't have dimensions for the maps. As a design...
  7. Servius

Officer Rally Question

Situation is this: There's an 8-0 sergeant at the back to rally routing troops and a 9-2 lieutenant at the front to direct fire. the Lt. breaks and routes with his men back to the building where the sergeant is rallying other troops. I know the Lt. can rally himself and then rally other...
  8. Servius

ASLSK S5 Clearing Colleville

Played S5 Clearing Colleville last night with #1 son. We're still a little slow, it took us 6 hours for the 5 turns in the scenario. I played the Germans defending the French town. We had started this scenario a couple weeks before but suspended it after he got the American squads cut up in...
  9. Servius

Pace of Play

In a recent event posting someone wrote the following as a guideline for players. "Note: Longer scenarios should be played by faster players, if you can't move around 20 counters in less than 25 minutes, you may have problems completing these larger scenarios in a timely manner." This is the...
  10. Servius

S4: Welcome Back

We (#1 son and myself) are learning ASL by way of playing our way through the Starter Kits. We'll play a scenario then switch sides and play it again. This was our first play of Scenario 4. I was the Germans. ROAR rates this as 53-44 for the Americans but I'm having trouble understanding why...
  11. Servius

Question on PF and MPh

Here'a question that came up last night. A squad has an HMG. The HMG fires in PFPh but not the squad's inherent FP. Can the squad place smoke in the MPh. We're in SK#1 but would like to know the full answer as well.
  12. Servius

Anybody have a tutorial for ASL Tactics

We're playing through SK#1 and #1 son is killing me. While I'm thrilled, I have to beat him soon. I seem to have trouble assaulting positions. I think we're doing OK with the rules, but the tutorials I find are the basic rules videos. Thanks.
  13. Servius

FPF on a hex with an attacking unit already in it

First unit moves adjacent to a defending unit. Defending unit uses first fire. Residual fire counter placed. Second unit moves adjacent to that same defending unit in a different hex (this is a road). Defending unit uses Subsequent Fire. -1 FFNAM and -1FFMO apply. Residual fire counter placed...
  14. Servius

Modified CCT (Odds For Dummies)

Since I couldn't wrap my head around the 3-2 ratio in the CC odds, I researched the topic and created the following table. If you keep a calculator handy, divide the attacking FP by the defending FP and resolve to the left on the decimal odds if the ratio is not exact. e.g. 12 - 8 == 12 / 8...
  15. Servius

First Game in Nearly 30 Years

Just bought Starter Kit 1 and played with oldest son. Brought home some pizza, set up the game and played till 1:30 AM. Was exhausted next day at work but totally worth it. I won the scenario "retaking vierville" but on the slimmest of margins. I played Germany and he advanced into the last...