Search results

1. Velocette

Broken Ice Counter

Okay - I give up, after about an hour of searching - I am unable to locate a "Broken Ice" counter VASL experts - please show me the way Thanks - Velo
  2. Velocette

NASHCON 2023

Does anyone know if Steve McBee is running an ASL event at the NASHCON this year? The event website lists ASL under its preliminary events page, but there is no contact information or registration link - thanks -- Velo
  3. Velocette

Gun Emplacement - Multiple Terrain Features in Hex

Can a Gun be setup Emplaced in a OG hex that contains both a paved road and a unpaved road? The hex center "dot" is clearly on the unpaved road portion of the hex. Thanks - Velo
  4. Velocette

OBA Question

It is the American PFPh; US player has Battery Access and Radio Contact. Off-board Observer has LOS to base level of U21. Question - Can the American player request an SR is U21 and ALSO declare that he will convert the SR to a FFE:1 after determination of Direction / Error? I have reviewed...
  5. Velocette

TH vs Empty Hex

Situation: Recon by Fire..... (I want to determine if a nearby orchard hex might contain HIP units) Ordnance [MTR] fires at the Orchard hex using ATT. Does the Case K +2 DRM apply? (i.e; would the TH DR be treated as Area Fire per C.4) Thanks, Velo
  6. Velocette

Prisoner - Search Attempt

Can a prisoner (in this case, a German prisoner HS guarded by a US ATTACKER HS) be used in a Search Attempt dr? EX: US HS with a German Prisoner HS attempts a Search; per the A12.152 Table provides a -1 drm for > then one HS searching I can't find anything in the eASLRB that says NO /...
  7. Velocette

Armored Assault Question

An AFV starts the MPh stacked (same location; Open Ground hex) with a Squad and Leader; the AFV and Infantry are planning to use Armored Assault (D9.31) during the MPh. Q1: Can the AFV expend more "total" MP than the Infantry (Squad & Leader) will expend MF during the MPh? Situation: the...
  8. Velocette

Bounding Fire Fire & ROF Retention

An AFV uses Bounding First Fire (during the MPh) by firing it's MA. The AFV keeps (retains) ROF. The AFV conducts no more MA attacks during the MPh; nor does it fire it's vehicular MG (BMG/CMG) during the MPh. It is now the AFPh, can the AFV: A) Fire the the MA and MG (BMG and CMG) each one...
  9. Velocette

Definition of "Enemy"

Encountered a situation while playing AP117 (Second City)..... German 8-3-8 with a Hungarian LMG (2-7) -- The question was ..... Does the German unit treat the LMG as captured SW? When we looked in A21, the wording for "captured" dealt with "enemy"; however, there is no definition of Enemy in...
  10. Velocette

RF Reconnaissance

I am considering expending some valuable CPP for a Recon DR; but before doing so, I wanted to make sure that I understand the Recon Inspection procedure correctly (RF 11.6245). Do I have this correct? 1) Location must be within 4 hexes from nearest friendly controlled hex. 2) If a Location is...
  11. Velocette

Russian At Start Forces

X - the Russian CG Card for the "Five Days in May" OB CG chart lists RG H2 in the Yellow Quadrant as 2-2-8 (2/1) and 4-10 MMG (2/1). However, H2 is listed in the Russian RG Purchase Chart (on the backside of the CG Card) as HMG Section: 2-2-8 (2/1) and 6-12 HMG (2/1) So I am sort a bit...
  12. Velocette

Interdiction

Does a SW need to be in Good Order to Interdict? Thanks, Velo
  13. Velocette

Trench - Unusual Question

If a Trench counter is placed in a gully hex (I don't see anything in B27 preventing it); then the Trench considered: A) "IN" the gully (-1 level) or B) "In" the gully If B) are units in the Trench considered at / can they claim Crest status and still receive the Trench TEM benefits...
  14. Velocette

OBA C1.21 - Second Card Draw?

I have an AR on the board and there are no enemy units either Known or Concealed in the AR hex or any of the adjacent hexes. Do I need to pull a second card from the draw pile to retain Battery Access? C1.21 leads me to say "No". What say you? C1.21....... In addition, whenever placing an AR...
  15. Velocette

KGS: German Ski Troops

When any scenario grants the Germans Ski Counters, are the 5-4-8/2-3-8 considered Ski Troops? KGS3.6 does not specially designated the 5-4-8/2-3-8 as Ski Troops, but the rule includes the following statement: ....then 4-6-8/2-4-8 MMC are also considered Ski Troops (E4.) The word "also" here is...
  16. Velocette

German OOB Radios

In both the KGS CG, the Germans are given radios in there OOB, but no Battery module is assigned via SSR. Does this mean the Germans need to purchase a A Type RG to use the radio for OBA? Thanks, Velo
  17. Velocette

Another Five Days in May CG SSR Question

The CG SSR below: "I.2 At set up, the Germans may record < three Blocks, which will be considered Fanatic Strongpoints as per VotG CG11 (only) [EXC: such fanaticism applies only to German units and to such while in any building/rubble/trench location in such a Block; the special VotG -1 HOB...
  18. Velocette

Five Days in May CG SSR Question

Not sure if I am reading the KGS CGII SSR (below) correctly...... "I.6 The Russians may attack in all Quadrants on all Non-Idle Dates [EXC; Purple is always NA]. They may purchase C and I class RG only for > 2 Quadrants on Day 1. Grey Quadrant elements may only enter on/between A25-A40." Does...
  19. Velocette

Interior Factory Hex & OBA

Per B23.32, ..... if an Interior Building Hex is hit, only the rooftop AND highest level of that building hex are affected. In this case the building is a Factory. Is the Ground-level Location of a Interior Factory Hex immune to Indirect Fire (assuming it is not roofless). Thanks, Velo
  20. Velocette

SMOKE & Vehicle in Bypass

Was unable to locate answer to this "?" in the RB.... It is the US PFPh and I have LOS to the CAFP of a German AFV in bypass of a building; however, I do not have LOS to the building hex center dot. Can I place SMOKE on the AFV in bypass? If Yes, where is the SMOKE counter placed? Thanks, Velo