Search results

1. Ryan Marsh

Assault Movement

Sorry for all the newbie questions, but adding in new terrain I ran into an issue last night. In order to Assault Move, you can spend more than 1 MF, but only move one HEX? So moving one HEX up hill, and spending 2 MF is still Assault Movement? But if it uses ALL the unit's MF, it cannot be...
  2. Ryan Marsh

Area Fire with Big Guns

This might be a dumb question, but.... Why would one choose area fire over direct fire? Can I get some top examples? Thank You in advance.
  3. Ryan Marsh

White Phosphorous (WP)

Decided to get ASLSK #2 and continue to work through the rules solo. Am I understanding the rule correctly? You can choose to fire a normal shot with the mortar (which is always Area Fire) or choose to fire WP and it will leave smoke on target and cause a NMC (as long as the TM DRM is met). I...
  4. Ryan Marsh

Controlled Buildings

What qualifies as controlling a building? I assume that having a unit in the building counts, but are their other conditions? I was playing a mission that the victory condition was to control > 25 buildings in a given area, but the side only had about 16 squads. If the only way to control a...
  5. Ryan Marsh

Pocket Rule Book vs Regular Rule Book

What is the main difference? Can a person use the Pocket Rule Book as their main book? What does the main book offer that the pocket does not? I am looking to purchase and move on from the SK series soon, and there is a drastic price difference. What do I get for my extra $40?
  6. Ryan Marsh

New Guy Questions

I just got ASLSK#1 and have two questions so far: 1) Defensive Fire - Is it possible to shoot the same unit 4 times with Defensive Fire? Say a unit was 4 hexes away, they move towards the defensive unit one space, I could then do Defensive First Fire. If they moved one hex closer (and were the...
  7. Ryan Marsh

SK#1 First Edition vs SK#1 10th Anniversary

Is there a big difference? I just ordered the First Edition, not knowing that a 10th Anniversary Edition existed. I am just starting out with ASL and I am looking for some advice. Also, if any players are in the Tampa Bay Area that can teach, I am willing to learn.