Search results

1. David Murray

Mounted boards - what to do with them?

I was recently clearing out my gaming room when I came across a box of old mounted boards. There are 1-41 & 44-47. Most are in good condition. 8-9 have a some wear, 13-15 are a little faded. I am not sure what to do with them? I am in the UK and would like to move them on - do they have any...
  2. David Murray

The Unofficial Desert SASL

Hi everyone with the publication of the new Hollow Legions it made me pull out a set of unofficial desert rules written by Frank Calcagno. I have a taken an hour or so and reformatted them to match the rulebook - I wonder if anyone has contact details for Frank Calcagno? I would like his...
  3. David Murray

UK gamer looking for weekly live VASL game

Hi everyone, been playing ASL on and off for over 25 years - recently returned (again!). I did use VASL 10 or so years ago but have not used it since then. Rule-wise I am pretty good but tactically naive - so if you want an easy win pm me. Looking to play once a week 6-7pm on for a few hours -...
  4. David Murray

Hungarian sceanrios?

Hi everyone, recently picked up my last core module, 'Armies of Oblivion' mainly as I have a specific interest in the Hungarian army. I am looking for additional Hungarian scenarios. I realise there is Festung Budapest but was wondering if there are any third-party scenario packs focussing on...
  5. David Murray

PTO rookie needs Grabbing Gavutu scenario set up ideas?

Hi everyone, after many years of ignoring the PTO I am finally getting around to it. Anyway I am trying out various setups as the Japanese in the scenario Grabbing Gavutu (149 from Rising Sun). I have read some AARs that show the Japanese INF gun can be very effective against the unarmoured LCV...
  6. David Murray

Draft SASL SOP

Been enjoying my SASL recently and discovered a handwritten SOP I wrote a while back. I have typed it up as it is and am posting it here for suggestions and improvements. Maybe it is something that would be useful for those of us who leave the game for a while and need a crib sheet when we...
  7. David Murray

Skulking variant

I have been playing SASL recently (owned it a long time but only recently decided to give it a spin). This variant adds skulking to defending enemy units which I have found stand their ground too much. Seems to work okay, any more experienced players see any possible pitfalls with it? SASL...
  8. David Murray

East Yorkshire - looking for FtF play

Hi, I posted last year and I am trying again - looking for FtF games in East Yorkshire. I am near Driffield but am willing to travel for frequent or infrequent gaming. I used to play a lot of ASL, I am a little rusty but would be willing to play new or experienced players. Drop me a line.
  9. David Murray

Berserkers and DM'ed CC

Hi everyone, getting back into ASL after a long lay-off. Played a great FtF game against a new player yesterday and this situation came up - did we play in right? During my opponents turn he fired on one of my squads who then went berserk due to a HoB roll. My turn comes around and during my...