Search results

1. Philippe D.

Help! 155mm CH

Yeah, a 150+mm CH is likely to be the receiver's wurst nightmare. Until Random Selection picks the broken Conscript HS, of course. Also, a Snake DR is not necessarily a CH on the Infantry Target Type. If the Final TH DR is not <4, a subsequent dr is needed.
  2. Philippe D.

New VASL Extension - BoardZoomer.vmdx

Just updated VASSAL and VASL to try out this extension. It seems quite nice. I noticed it doesn't seem to interact too well with the "Hideable Control Markers" extension, though. In my current DZ:SME campaign, I am using this extension to mark setup areas with the thick lines that normally line...
  3. Philippe D.

Gun set up

I don't think the rules worry about how the piece got there - it's a legal hex, so setup in there is allowed.
  4. Philippe D.

HIP units and how to remember where they are...

Yeah, that's what I do too. But then when the tank moves, sometimes the AL remains in place. Normally I see it and move the AL as well, but it's easy to miss.
  5. Philippe D.

HIP units and how to remember where they are...

At least VASL shows you the HIP unit, just more transparent. So you'd be even more likely to forget about the HIP AL in a FtF game! Now, occasionally I'll move the tank and leave the AL behind, and in a long battle I could forget which tank it was in the first place. So I'll try to think of the...
  6. Philippe D.

DZ:SME CG3, Night scenario

Hmm, that's pretty clear cut, and convincing. Thanks! (I believe that, since Night is only invoked by SSR, it should be the standard that Scenario Attacker and Scenario Defender roles be systematically attributed by SSR; it would be much clearer that way)
  7. Philippe D.

DZ:SME CG3, Night scenario

Scenario 4 in CG3 of DZ:SME is a Night scenario, and the scenario SSR state that: the Germans are the Scenario Attacker on map section Sa the Americans are the Scenario Attacker on map section Fa the Americans cannot use Cloaking This "dual" situation has strange aspects; I am understanding...
  8. Philippe D.

Bitterest Day (AKA Sugar Loaf Hill) Preorder

Last time I checked (that is, yesterday, I believe), the preorder was not possible from the LFT site (which is where I usually get my BFP products). Will it get there, or should I start looking for another (EU-based) option? (Of course this is more a question for Xavier and his acolytes)
  9. Philippe D.

Can this vehicle change his CA in the AFPh?

Non-reality argument: When you "use" the option to change [V/T]CA instead of firing, you are at least giving up something in exchange for the CA change - maybe you could have hit something with that shot (and you're not risking malfunction or SAN by taking an artificial dummy shot). If your...
  10. Philippe D.

A10.51 Interpretation

I've always seen it played as the "not necessarily" applies to both. Basically: once in a Woods/Building, you must stop unless your next hex is also a Woods/Building hex; same-building-ness or attached-woods-ness is irrelevant.
  11. Philippe D.

Orsogna copyright notice

I have absolutely no problem with the AF products themselves (I just bought two of them). There are some design choices in their HASL modules that I would most certainly prefer went the other way, but then I am not a designer myself, so it's completely all right that they decide what they want...
  12. Philippe D.

When will an acquisition counter "stick" to a unit that enters an acquired location?

"Benefit" is perhaps not the best choice of word. Being acquired is rarely beneficial to the target :) Without checking the wording of the rules: the Acquisition counter is placed upon the latest fired-upon unit(s); this is who it will be allowed to follow if they move. But, when firing, it can...
  13. Philippe D.

Orsogna copyright notice

I did. I even almost made a joke of it, but thought somebody would point to me that copyright notices are not protected by copyright. (Are they? I don't know, and don't really care) Of course I will make scans and personal copies. It's just that I intensely dislike the blanket "you cannot do...
  14. Philippe D.

Orsogna copyright notice

I just got the AF Orsogna box today - but it will be the last Advancing Fire product I buy, I'm afraid. On the second page of the Orsogna rulebook is this paragraph: I scan all my ASL scenarios, not just those printed on flimsy paper like AF does. I also scan HASL rules, because it's so much...
  15. Philippe D.

LFT16

Actually, ordering from the LFT site always ends with emails from Xavier. I do have an account on their site, but whenever I order Xavier emails me with the details of how much I need to pay and asking for my address (which as not changed in the 8+ years I've been ordering stuff). They're...
  16. Philippe D.

Today in ASL I ... (Day to day ASL doings)

Hey, the vehicle outline is about the only place on the counter that does not bear meaningful game information, so it might as well be prettified (in 3 or 4 different color schemes, for the counter lovers). Oh wait. It does code for open-topness. (And yes, I know some TPPs reused the MP color...
  17. Philippe D.

Crew Served SW in Twilight of the Reich

Duh! I checked VASL, but not the Free French or Vichy French tabs before posting. Thanks!
  18. Philippe D.

LFT16

I ordered the pack from the LFT side (because, well, I live in France), but I would happily have bought a reduced price no-map version.
  19. Philippe D.

Crew Served SW in Twilight of the Reich

Where does this 50mm, crew-served French mortar come from? The standard OB has a 60mm, HS-served French light mortar...
  20. Philippe D.

Board r question

Where did you find these hexagon-angled buildings? I thought they only existed in wargameland!