Search results

1. c600g

Building control and minefields

If I place one of my minefields in a building hex (single building in open ground), and if my opponent moves into that hex and breaks due to the minefield attack, is the building considered to be controlled by my opponent? Technically, the minefield attack occurs on entry of the hex, but if it...
  2. c600g

Primosole Bridge CGIII Initial Setup Q

I am starting to setup for my first ASL CG, Primosole Bridge from Journal 6 (CG #3). I am setting up as the soon to be road-kill Italians, and have a question on the initial setup: "Elements of the 372nd Coastal Defense Battalion of the 213th Coastal Defense Division of the Italian XVI Corps...
  3. c600g

Night Moves

Steve Bond and I are in the middle of my first night scenario (OA 12 Sicilian Midnight), and we've come upon a few questions that we made ruling on, but are not so sure about. 1. When determining which DEFENDER unit jitter fires, the rules state that the "The “Closest DEFENDER” is one or more...
  4. c600g

Opportunity Fire and Leadership / Heroic DRM

If I designate a squad for Opp Fire in the PFPh, and I move a leader and/or hero into the same location as the opp fire'd squad, do the leadership and/or heroic DRMs apply to the squad's fire in the AFPh? (a) YES - SMCs can move with other units and apply their DRMs in the AFPh as usual, so...
  5. c600g

Fire lanes and cowering

A Russian 4-4-7 1st line squad with 2-6 LMG declares a fire lane attack (only - no inherent squad FP will be used) against a FFNAM, FFMO German 4-6-7 squad that is 2 hexes away. Let's see if I understand fire lanes correctly: 1. The attack on the moving unit should be on the 2 FP column with a...
  6. c600g

J59 Friday the 13th

Don Petros (@DWPetros) got together on Saturday to play J59 Friday the 13th. I was attacking as the Germans, with Don taking the role of the defending Russians. Don sent me his setup via email (only "?" counters, no fortifications yet revealed as I enter from off-board on turn 1). Here is our...
  7. c600g

ASL 189 Death at Carentan overlay setup question

I'm setting up ASL 189 Death at Carentan for my next PBeM game, and have stumpled upon a VASL issue I'm not sure how to overcome (yet). (I'm giving the new dragable overlays a try.) The SSRs require the placement of four orchard overlays. One of the overlays, when dragged to the map, overwrites...
  8. c600g

Trip to Germany...

My daughter is beginning her graduate program at the University of Koblenz in Landau soon, and I'm going to head over with her to help her get settled in. We plan to do a bit of furniture building (thanks Ikea!), see some sights, etc. My question - would it be worth it for me to look for RAACO...
  9. c600g

E9.32 Shooting Fish in a Barrel

I'm looking at playing scenario 97 ("A Desperate Affair") shortly, and am setting up as the British defenders of humanity and questionable taste. As the paratroops descend toward Crete, I am salivating at the prospects of -2 modifiers, but want to make sure I understand E9.32 correctly. 9.32...