Search results

1. c600g

CyberVASL XVIII

Maurizio and I have started OA13 Brief Breakfast. - Alan
  2. c600g

Of DC's and FT's

I played AP 11 Swamp Cats over the weekend, and managed to keep both my elite Russian squads w/ DCs concealed until the moment they made their moves to detonate them in stone buildings. Before setting them on their assigned tasks, I moved all of the other units to try and draw fire away from...
  3. c600g

CyberVASL XVI

Bob Eury and I have started off our game of WO31 Ma Deuce Delivers.
  4. c600g

Inor map issue - counters off center

Thanks for the update, Xavier. It is appreciated! Alan
  5. c600g

Inor map issue - counters off center

Just received my Inor package in the mail on Monday and opened it up, and it looks as if the die-cutting of the counters are problematic. I tried emailing Xavier using his yahoo.fr email account, but haven't heard anything back. Is there another email address I should try instead of that one...
  6. c600g

CyberVASL XVI

John Garlic and I finished scenario OA10 "Monty's Mess". I eeked out a victory as the Germans, with John's British troops putting up a stiff fight. My OBA luck was fairly good, with 4 consecutive black chit draws, and not one red chit was seen. Bob Eury and I have agreed to play WO31 "Ma Deuce...
  7. c600g

Routing adjacent/ADJACENT to enemy unit.

I find it telling that you did NOT boldface the word "Locations" in the phrase "and a LOS exists between the two Locations". To be clear, "/units" should probably be appended to that sentence.
  8. c600g

Routing adjacent/ADJACENT to enemy unit.

One thing to note is that A.8 defines ADJACENT in terms of Locations (and by extension, the units in these Locations). A vehicle being in bypass at a given vertex is NOT a new Location - it's Location in this example is still V1. V1 and V0 are both ADJACENT, and thus when the broken unit routs...
  9. c600g

Creating an HTML Based eALSRB

I'd suggest <span class="exc">...</span> as well, as that will allow you to modfiy how all rules exceptions are formatted and experiment a bit.
  10. c600g

Patrick Ireland

Patrick taught me in/around 2017 as well. I know he wasn't in the best of health, and will miss his friendly presence on the VASL servers. Rest in peace, Patrick - your watch has ended.
  11. c600g

VASLeague 2019 General Discussion

A quick shout out to Jim Hunter - I've tried to email you to set up our scenario, but haven't heard back from you. If you're out there, maybe check your spam folder? Alan
  12. c600g

Building control and minefields

Thanks much, JR. I'm trying to come up with a cunning defensive plan for SX5 Where the Iron Crosses Grow. Back to the drawing board! Alan
  13. c600g

Building control and minefields

If I place one of my minefields in a building hex (single building in open ground), and if my opponent moves into that hex and breaks due to the minefield attack, is the building considered to be controlled by my opponent? Technically, the minefield attack occurs on entry of the hex, but if it...
  14. c600g

B9.32 Wall Advantage

You omitted the exception at the end of that 9.32 sentence that you quoted (at least in my rules - as you note, the WA rules have been updated): "A unit claiming WA is still considered occupying any obstacle/terrain as it would if not claiming WA for all purposes (e.g., Concealment Terrain...
  15. c600g

New program to help set up VASL scenarios

I created an issue in the GitHub repository in regards to running the app in a docker container. Just FYI! Alan
  16. c600g

FrF86 Belgian Tigers: Belgians - KRAUSE, Germans - BOCK Alan
  17. c600g

In the Second Line League, John Bock and I (Alan Krause) will be playing FrF86 Belgian Tigers when he gets back from vacation. Alan
  18. c600g

So what scenarios have you played Recently?

Played DB143 Fausts at Wethen with Steve Bond today, and the losing streak continues (due to hitting the CVP cap of 19). As the Americans, I could not find a way to crack his defenses, and the half-tracks went up in flames way too easily to MG fire. I kept out of range of his 'fausts and...
  19. c600g

So what scenarios have you played Recently?

Understood. This scenario is particularly dicey, and I am in the middle of an incredibly long losing streak. Hence the personal morale crisis. ;< Alan