Search results

1. sushidog

Ortona...

He posts regularly on Txitter. Often photos of Ortona.
  2. sushidog

Nice New Features

I think it is a low percentage for sure. From poking around, most scens don't have any as well, but there's a fair number that have a lot of playing logged with balance used (Agony of Doom is a perfect example). Probably scenarios that look fun, initial results show them as unbalanced, then...
  3. sushidog

Nice New Features

Looking at your Scenario balance, where it pulls the ROAR data and lists the record as without balance, that actually includes all playings of a given scenario on ROAR (if I'm understanding ROAR correctly). If you click on a given scenario in ROAR, it gives you the overall record regardless of...
  4. sushidog

Nice New Features

Hey, I see when reporting a playing we can now list which balance (if any) we used. Excellent! Thanks, Dave. (I think my sending Indy after you on this a couple years ago may have planted a seed. Or maybe you were just worn down. Whatever, I'm grateful to see it. I'm going to go back through my...
  5. sushidog

Nice New Features

Very cool discussion about self-balancing scenarios. Good luck with that, sounds like an intimidating project. But all I was really asking was whether you were going to add the ability for us to add which official balance provision we used when we report a playing to the scenario archive. Even...
  6. sushidog

Nice New Features

Any chance you'll be adding play balance to the reporting? (Or maybe you have and I missed it). Even if it's only added going forward, it would make the record way more valuable.
  7. sushidog

Hell's Highway Playtest

For the Campaign Game, have the OOBs or VCs been re-balanced at all? We found the onslaught of Panthers and armed HTs pretty tough for the Allies to deal with.
  8. sushidog

Hell's Highway 2nd Edition Playtest

For AOTs that are inherent crews in Lloyd Carriers or Kettenrads, do they have to abandon their vehicle to use their radio? (Sorry for the slightly off-topic question, but I figured, while I was here...)
  9. sushidog

Hell's Highway 2nd Edition Playtest

Really looking forward to this. We are currently playing the original, and the Allies were run over on day one. So many Panthers and halftracks (those FT ones in particular). As my buddy bought V1 of this that we're using, looks like I'll be on the hook for V2 when it arrives.
  10. sushidog

Custom basic VASL charts I've slowly creating (download link)

These are great, thanks a ton
  11. sushidog

Why do I have to keep reinstalling the VASL module?

I've seen this with modules that have been recently installed, but VASSAL isn't shut down properly. I'd suggest installing VASL, then shut down the main VASSAL program using File>Quit. That should ensure VASSAL remembers VASL. At least that's what fixed the problem I had with a couple other...
  12. sushidog

aslscenarioarchive.com down?

Is it just me or is aslscenarioarchive.com down?
  13. sushidog

Extension TerrainChart 1.2.1

That was it. Thanks! All extensions had been copied to the new dir, but not updated in preferences.
  14. sushidog

Extension TerrainChart 1.2.1

Anyone else have this disappear after upgrading to 6.6.2? (Or maybe it disappeared sooner and I haven't looked for it in a while).
  15. sushidog

VASSAL 3.5.5 Released

I haven't had a problem with the build you provided. Your defensive lock seems to be working great. I'm using it on both my desktop and laptop and no problems with either one. Thanks for the solution.
  16. sushidog

VASSAL 3.5.5 Released

No problems today either after several logs saved to dropbox on two different machines.
  17. sushidog

VASSAL 3.5.5 Released

So far so good with me, but I'll keep testing. The dropbox lockup only occurs intermittently so I could just be lucky so far. I'll report back to this thread.
  18. sushidog

VASSAL 3.5.5 Released

Dropbox auto-updates with no way to disable.
  19. sushidog

VASSAL 3.5.5 Released

Good question. It's not something I recall updating. It does show a version number if you open the app, but nowhere to update (upgrade, of course, is very visible).
  20. sushidog

VASSAL 3.5.5 Released

Strange, but I've used dropbox with VASSAL for years without this problem. Then I started having a bit of a problem last summer (maybe around version 3.3.x). Worked around it for a while, then noticed it had cleared up by 3.5.0. Now it's back again.