Search results

1. C

Interest in DASL Boards

Definitely would buy. I prefer smaller scenarios, and DASL provides a great intensity in the way that you concentrate on a smaller playing area.
  2. C

2 Inch Mortar vs King Tiger … who will win?

Ha ha! Shortly followed by the Redux edition with 4 sheets of useless Russian SMC with “new” artwork as viewed from inside their pants.
  3. C

2 Inch Mortar vs King Tiger … who will win?

I saw this from the Tank Museum in Bovington. Amazing...
  4. C

Battle of Berlin modules?

True … the scenario takes place elsewhere and the FlaK tower guns are immune pseudo off-board direct fire weapons. Sorry if I misunderstood, but I thought you wanted something that really featured them as an entity.
  5. C

Battle of Berlin modules?

I was in Berlin recently, visiting the FlaK tower that you can go in (and underground). The conversation with the very knowledgeable guide was that the Soviets sat away from the tower and shelled it from a distance with tank fire. At least one round went through one of the openings from the...
  6. C

shipping question

They normally arrive on December 25th, most years.
  7. C

Who wants a Stalingrad watch?

My watch, which I inherited from my father, is a Kalashnikov. It served him well for decades, and has done me many years of service too.
  8. C

LFT15 DTO Boards

As someone currently out in Saudi Arabia, I can confirm that the farmer’s market in LFT7 is selling “Camel Burger and Fries” (yes, this is a real offering here).
  9. C

ASL Math For Insomniacs

Not to prolong the thread beyond its value, but there is a decimal clock in Cambridge (UK) in the Fitzwilliam museum, for anyone geeky enough to want to see it.
  10. C

ASL Math For Insomniacs

For the REAL maths aficionado, re-do the maths using the metric clock that Napoleon tried to foist on everyone (like the metric system)… 10 hours per day of 100 minutes … where even 768 is feasible.
  11. C

ENEMY APh (11.1)

Yes, you are right in saying the location is one occupied by a FRIENDLY unit. But part 2 includes ENEMY units that are NOT adjacent (and some that could be adjacent but not accessible), so your description “being adjacent to a FRIENDLY unit but not being able to enter its location during the...
  12. C

FUNdamentals of ASL

I remember back in the SL days we were playing a scenario where I had captured the bridge to win, but my opponent had died trying to rush onto it with a DC, hence leaving an unpossessed DC in the middle of the bridge. He had a -3 or -4 sniper (when they existed as counters) so we agreed if he...
  13. C

Tournament Purpose

I think a number of the replies here make it self-evident why a number of us do not participate in tournaments. To answer the question: I enjoy good, competitive games, and I would like to enjoy these at an event without the over-focus on winning that can occur in these forums. Amongst us...
  14. C

PROKHOROVKA! game on pre-order now at advancingfire.com!!

Thanks for the prompt. Ordered via Second Chance Games (great service here in the UK).
  15. C

A lifetime of ASL Items

Condolences, Stacy. I had been musing on how my SL/ASL collection from 1977 onwards would get passed on. I have the usual double modules, reprints, all German Inf in one set of storage rather than being with their parent module, thrown away useless counters from certain 3rd party etc … and at...
  16. C

Looking for Comments, Suggestions, and Playtesting

Frank, I appreciate your concern at posting here, but it is pleasing to see people being polite. I have been in similar situations where I’ve suggested some nuance and get trolled immediately. Having played the game for over 40 years and seen the coming and going of various options...
  17. C

Prisoner & Nationality

I spend my working life trying to stop people writing in 100 pages what can reasonably be said and interpreted in under 10. Adding more when the intent is clear is not productive time.
  18. C

DTW Map respray?

I have a map scan. Apart from the North Pole, where might I find an elf?
  19. C

Prisoner & Nationality

Or say “Good Order”
  20. C

Prisoner & Nationality

I really don’t think that is what the scenario designer intended.