Search results

1. cohort

Vassal 3.7.0 and Marking Moved Units

After upgrading to Vassal 3.7.0, moving units no longer are automatically marked as moved. There is a new "Show when pieces have been marked as moved (if module supports)" checkbox in this new version, but checking or unchecking it doesn't make a difference. It is still possible to manually...
  2. cohort

Moved Leader Directing OPP Fire

May a leader who moved into a location containing units marked with an Opportunity Fire counter direct them in the Advancing Fire Phase? If yes, is the firepower of the Opp fire units at full strength or halved?
  3. cohort

A11.15 Does losing concealment in location with enemy unit put them in melee?

During the CCPh, a Russian squad attacked a concealed German squad in cc with no result. The German unit retained concealment so the units are not in melee. In the German player turn, the German squad drops concealment and fires on the Russian squad, pinning it. Are the units now in melee...
  4. cohort

A11.2 and A11.22 Infiltration During an Attempt to Withdraw From Melee

A British squad and halfsquad (Attackers) are in melee with a German halfsquad. The British squad elects to withdraw with the halfsquad remaining to attack the Germans. The German elects to attack the withdrawing British squad. The British player rolls a 2 for his attack. After leader...
  5. cohort

Can you begin a dash from a foxhole?

A leader and squad are in a foxhole in a non-Open Ground hex. The stack declares a dash, spending 1 MF to exit the foxhole, 2 MF in the road hex with smoke, and then 2 MF into a building on the opposite side of the road. Does expending the 1 MF to exit the foxhole prevent the units from...
  6. cohort

Can you rout underneath an adjacent enemy unit if leaving its LOS?

May the broken Japanese unit in KK10 rout to the ground level of KK11, underneath the American stack at level 1 with no stairwell in KK11? One player says no, because the router is moving closed to a KEU. The other says yes. A10.51 reads "A routing unit may never rout toward a Known armed...
  7. cohort

Do roadblock extensions extend into buildings?

I'm puzzled by the following situation and couldn't find a Perry Sez or anything else addressing it. An AFV in I6 is attempting to reach I8 via I7. The rulebook is clear that it cannot bypass the building in I7 to reach I8. Do the roadblock extensions go into the building to prevent it from...
  8. cohort

Moving After Breaking and Then Getting HOB

While moving a squad is fired upon and breaks. A follow-up attack then results in a HOB. Two questions based on this situation: If the HOB results in the squad going berserk does the squad then charge or did the break cause it to end its movement? If the HOB results in battle hardening, can...
  9. cohort

Fire Restrictions While Under CC Marker

A CE vehicle enters a hex in bypass containing an enemy squad and ends its movement in motion in that hex. The squad declines to attack during the movement phase and is marked with a cc marker. In the defensive fire phase may the squad fire on the exposed crew of the vehicle with its inherent...
  10. cohort

Declaring Hand-to-Hand close combat in existing melee

May the attacker in a pre-existing melee declare hand-to-hand cc or may that only be done in the first round of cc before the two sides are locked in melee?
  11. cohort

Burdened Leader and Daisy Chains

This issue came up in a game and I want to confirm that this is the correct interpretation of the rules. A leader possess a 3 factor daisy chain. The daisy chain is 3 PP. Per A4.42 the leader may never portage more than 2 PP. A4.43 says a unit can possess any number or sw/guns. B28.531...
  12. cohort

Various Rules Questions

My game the other night was unusual because both the number of rules questions that came up and because how basic some of them were. Anyways, any help in resolving them would be appreciated. 1. A unit moves from 4L7 to 4L6. (see image) A snap shot from 4O10 is attempted. 1a. Is the...
  13. cohort

Location of "multiple hits"

A 20mm FlaKvierling 38 scores a hit on an AFV. This gun is entitled to 4 TK DRs with the firer choosing one result to apply. I believe the location of the TK DRs should be resolved as multiple hits (C3.8), i.e. the 2nd through 4th TK DRs use the preceding TK DR to determine their location...