Search results

1. cohort

Vassal 3.7.0 and Marking Moved Units

Thanks for the update and all the work you do.
  2. cohort

Vassal 3.7.0 and Marking Moved Units

After upgrading to Vassal 3.7.0, moving units no longer are automatically marked as moved. There is a new "Show when pieces have been marked as moved (if module supports)" checkbox in this new version, but checking or unchecking it doesn't make a difference. It is still possible to manually...
  3. cohort

Operation Cobra 2 and Beyond the Beachhead 1 : compatible ?

Looking at the Operational Cobra 2 scenario cards, you'll need BFP boards C, D, and E and overlay BFP-6a. They appear to be the only other BFP items you need to play the scenarios.
  4. cohort

Moved Leader Directing OPP Fire

Thanks to everyone for your responses.
  5. cohort

Moved Leader Directing OPP Fire

May a leader who moved into a location containing units marked with an Opportunity Fire counter direct them in the Advancing Fire Phase? If yes, is the firepower of the Opp fire units at full strength or halved?
  6. cohort

A12.121 Advance into Fortified Location Prevented

My reading is that the advancing unit's concealment loss would depend on whether it was in open ground or not. The MF are considered spent in the hex it was advancing from. If that happens to be open ground, then concealment is lost for advancing into open ground. Also, per A12.15 "A unit...
  7. cohort

Freedom ON 1

Per 20.53 ... "Unless defined otherwise by SSR, a Friendly Board Edge is one from which that side’s forces entered the game. If a side’s forces set up on board and have received no reinforcements, its Friendly Board Edge is any side it was allowed to set up in front of with no enemy units...
  8. cohort

A11.15 Does losing concealment in location with enemy unit put them in melee?

During the CCPh, a Russian squad attacked a concealed German squad in cc with no result. The German unit retained concealment so the units are not in melee. In the German player turn, the German squad drops concealment and fires on the Russian squad, pinning it. Are the units now in melee...
  9. cohort

VASSAL 3.4.10 Released

Ditto this.
  10. cohort

A11.2 and A11.22 Infiltration During an Attempt to Withdraw From Melee

A British squad and halfsquad (Attackers) are in melee with a German halfsquad. The British squad elects to withdraw with the halfsquad remaining to attack the Germans. The German elects to attack the withdrawing British squad. The British player rolls a 2 for his attack. After leader...
  11. cohort

Can you begin a dash from a foxhole?

A leader and squad are in a foxhole in a non-Open Ground hex. The stack declares a dash, spending 1 MF to exit the foxhole, 2 MF in the road hex with smoke, and then 2 MF into a building on the opposite side of the road. Does expending the 1 MF to exit the foxhole prevent the units from...
  12. cohort

Can you rout underneath an adjacent enemy unit if leaving its LOS?

May the broken Japanese unit in KK10 rout to the ground level of KK11, underneath the American stack at level 1 with no stairwell in KK11? One player says no, because the router is moving closed to a KEU. The other says yes. A10.51 reads "A routing unit may never rout toward a Known armed...
  13. cohort

A7.72 - Upper Level Encirclement vs HIP

An argument can be made that a unit only gets an encirclement marker if it is encircled by fire. The relevant passage from the rules dealing with marking an encircled unit reads: A7.7 A qualifying target Location is thereafter marked with an Encirclement counter ... This comes after...
  14. cohort

Panzerfaust use

I agree that it can't. Here is another Q&A that addresses the question. A8.3 & A8.4 If a SW is not capable of Subsequent First Fire (EX: ordnance SW), can it fire vs. an adjacent/same-hex unit as Final Fire during the DFPh if marked with First Fire? A. No. [Compil5]
  15. cohort

Do roadblock extensions extend into buildings?

I'm puzzled by the following situation and couldn't find a Perry Sez or anything else addressing it. An AFV in I6 is attempting to reach I8 via I7. The rulebook is clear that it cannot bypass the building in I7 to reach I8. Do the roadblock extensions go into the building to prevent it from...
  16. cohort

Clarifications on ASLSK3's To Hit DR Modifiers Chart

But if a tank changes its CA 2 hexspines to fire its CMG and then changes it another 2 to fire its MA, wouldn't the MA be penalized for 4 hexspine changes?
  17. cohort

Moving After Breaking and Then Getting HOB

While moving a squad is fired upon and breaks. A follow-up attack then results in a HOB. Two questions based on this situation: If the HOB results in the squad going berserk does the squad then charge or did the break cause it to end its movement? If the HOB results in battle hardening, can...
  18. cohort

Does a back-blast reduced halfsquad have its inherent fire power?

There is a Perry Sez that says the newly reduced halfsquad can't fire another SW. A7.35 & C13.8 Assume a German Squad has not fired its inherent Firepower and it fires a PF and takes the Backblast attack. Assume the squad is casualty reduced and the HS passes it MC (so it remains in good...
  19. cohort

VotG Hex H36

H36 is just a paved road hex, not a City Square hex, because it does not contain an enlarged black center-dot.
  20. cohort

VotG Hex H36

Per B3.43 a road covered by debris is treated as non-existent, so a gun could set up emplaced there.