Search results

1. ozradio

Opponent Wanted - VASL by Skype

Sorry, I thought you were in KS! I'm not doing much VASL now, maybe I'll see you at the KC tournament if you go.
  2. ozradio

Opponent Wanted - VASL by Skype

You don’t happen to be anywhere near Lawrence for in person play, do you? Ryan
  3. ozradio

Yer #2 game (assumes you have one)

Wife and I have a couple hundred board games and it'd be impossible to pick the top two or three, but for me Troyes, Ultimate Railroads, and Grand Austria Hotel are really, really good. ASL is the only war-game I play.
  4. ozradio

ASL didn't make the list of most complex boardgames

Food Chain Magnate is a highly respected and heavy strategic boardgame (with mediocre production quality) with a BoardGameGeek rating of 8.1, which is very high. Its weight is a 4.2 while ASL clocks in at 4.7 on BGG. Its publisher, Splotter, is a Dutch company that puts out notoriously...
  5. ozradio

Vassal 3.6.13 Released

Thanks for everyone's encouragement. With some clicking around I discovered how to get AVG to make an exception for that one file that was in the quarantine. Seems to be working now.
  6. ozradio

Vassal 3.6.13 Released

Thanks, all, I will follow up on these suggestions.
  7. ozradio

Vassal 3.6.13 Released

I've never had a problem running VASSAL before but now, suddenly, AVG does not like the javaw.exe file that is required so I can't get VASSAL to run. Has anyone else had this problem and how did you get around it? Thanks!
  8. ozradio

Do you kindle a bunch?

One of the great minds here with the KC ASL club.
  9. ozradio

Reprint BtB 2, Cobra, HG 2

What will the regular prices be? Often that pushes me over the "buy" line.
  10. ozradio

LOS Thread with Height Levels

Macs too?
  11. ozradio

ASLSK4 PBEM/VASSAL

I was about to post the same thing a couple days back and realized the boards were not out. I'm your guy when they appear.
  12. ozradio

March Madness 2019

Planning to be there mid-morning. When is the opening game actually scheduled for? Afternoon?
  13. ozradio

What ASL Product Have You Bought Recently?

Nice! They're practically paying you to play ASL.
  14. ozradio

Exchanging for a commissar

Hm, I never caught that. So if there's a scenario with just one Russian leader, it cannot be exchanged for a Commissar? I muffed that a couple games back (lost anyway).
  15. ozradio

What ASL Product Have You Bought Recently?

Ouch, did you take out a HELOC for all that?
  16. ozradio

Dispatch #47 transmitted today!

Is there a sample issue of this newsletter available? I've read so many good things about it but have not been able to browse a back issue to see exactly what it looks like. Ryan
  17. ozradio

PBeM opponent for small scenario

Got my game, thanks for the responses!
  18. ozradio

Thanks for the contact but I've got my game set up. Ryan

Thanks for the contact but I've got my game set up. Ryan
  19. ozradio

PBeM opponent for small scenario

I prefer FtF and VASL/Skype but have not had a BPeM game for a while and wouldn't mind maybe getting one going. I prefer short, simpler stuff in this format and was looking at SP 6. 6 and 4 squads per side, only 3.5 turns. About 2.5 years playing the game so I'm not brand new but on the newer...
  20. ozradio

Today in ASL I ... (Day to day ASL doings)

Played my first scenario with caves. Playtest, I was attacking and really had no idea how to go about approaching them.