Search results

1. fzmann

2022 Report card

Thoughts: BFP scenarios played, as usual, turned out to be very well balanced. Both Ivanovskii scenarios went down to the final CC rolls. In Schreiber's Success I finally won a CC by rolling snakes when completely overwhelmed (1-4 i believe), which helped contribute to the win. Also, HF4 also...
  2. fzmann

VLogs and power outages

When logging a game, before saving the vlog, I had a power outage (no UPS, and was using a desktop rig, not a laptop). I'm not sure how the vlogs are saved, but a search of my hard drives didn't find any type of file on the date/time of the power outage. This suggests that the vlog is only saved...
  3. fzmann

Board 13 LOS

The following diagram has the VASL LOS tool showing a +2 hindrance between 13J4 and 13L7 (the marsh for sure, but what else, the Level 1 bridge?). The following similar situation screenshot shows that the LOS is clear with the expected behavior of the Level 1 bridge on hex 13K6. Am I missing...
  4. fzmann

Reoccupy AFV question

An AFV in an orchard hex is immobilized via DI in the opponent's Prep Fire, and the crew subsequently fails the TC, and survives all IFT attempts against it as it abandons the vehicle (D5.5). Questions: Can the crew reoccupy the AFV in the AFV-owner's upcoming movement phase or in subsequent...
  5. fzmann

VASL toolbar question

If I create a custom QC configuration on 1 computer, is there a file I can copy and "transfer" that configuration over to another computer? I am on the Mac OS 10.14 (Mojave), and have searched in all the preference and application folders and can't find where such a file, if any, exists. Thanks...
  6. fzmann

Question on Delayed Notes

I've conducted a cursory search for information on Delayed Notes in VASSAL/VASL without success. The question i have is: I can't seem to delete a note once I save it. If the note, for a boresighted hex for example, has an error, I can't delete it. The best I've been able to come up with is to...
  7. fzmann

Mortar vs. ATG

I made a cursory search for the answer in this forum, and didn't find the answer to the following: Regarding rule C11.5, a mortar secures a non-CH vs an ATG, emplaced in a woods hex, via the CA of the ATG. What are DRM used for resolution on the IFT: 1) -1 for woods/airburst (how my opponent...
  8. fzmann

Looking for VASL- Skype/facetime opponent

howdy, I'm an experienced ASL player, but never have played ASL using VASL. I would need some VASL orientation. I have the program running on my Mac, but not sure how to proceed. Looking for an experienced opponent to play 4-6 hours per week over 2-3 evenings per week Pacific time in the US...
  9. fzmann

Festung Budapest release

I just received an email from MMP that my pre-order for FB has had its status updated to "Processing". I was wondering who else has ordered this HASL and if there is an estimate on a shipping date? Thanks, Felipe