Search results

1. jwoodall04

Chapter H ASL pocket book on the way

It would also be nice if they put the interior diagrams from the rule binder into the Chapter H pocket edition.
  2. jwoodall04

VASL-6.5.0 is released

Well the casualty bins were wonderful but we had to go back to 6.4.4 because of the LOS issues. I will have to learn to count again. Maybe even accurately. :(
  3. jwoodall04

Bad data in module?

This is what it says: Bad Data in Module: Image not found Currentright.png Bad Data in Module: Image not found WinterExtreme.png Counters in Map - Weather/EC Was going back to it to pull the Current (Slow-No Drift) counter and it triggered that. Same error when we load a saved file, though...
  4. jwoodall04

Bad data in module?

We received this error on the 'current' counter, even when both on 6.5.0.
  5. jwoodall04

VASL-6.5.0 is released

My regular playing partner and I are both experiencing random crashes with VASL 6.5, often when checking LOS. And it seems to 'hitch' occasionally as we check, even if not crashing. Not exactly sure why, but we've never had it crash before this version and now fairly common. Maybe once every...
  6. jwoodall04

What is Your ASL Budget for 2020?

I think it'll probably stay at $152.91 for CdG unless they release a journal. I might buy the overlays, but I think I must have almost all of them by now and I don't recall ever needing one I didn't have.
  7. jwoodall04

‘Best’ large scenario?

One of my buddies is playtesting Successors 4 there, so I'm definitely going to drop in.
  8. jwoodall04

‘Best’ large scenario?

You going to BattleTex, Z?
  9. jwoodall04

It has begun...more or less

Thanks for all your efforts, Mark. Much appreciated by this relative newcomer. Without you and Patrick Ireland, I don't know that I'd be playing ASL.
  10. jwoodall04

Discord instead of Skype

I’ve used both programs on Windows and Ubuntu. Haven’t had issues on either.
  11. jwoodall04

Discord instead of Skype

I’ve used Discord and have had no issues. The interface isn’t great. Sound quality seems better than Skype, which I also use. Google voice sound quality seems the worst when I game with folks who use that.
  12. jwoodall04

Olive Groves vs. Orchards

Okay, that's how we played it. Thanks guys.
  13. jwoodall04

Olive Groves vs. Orchards

So the rules say that ALL orchard rules apply to olive groves except what is listed specifically under B14.8 However, the terrain chart removes the Level-One LOS obstacle to higher LOS. Which is correct?
  14. jwoodall04

Counters white out when under other counters

In that case, just don't do it at all because it doesn't work. This isn't a real issue. This 'fix' is chasing a very small minority and impacting usability. Though I doubt most users will update in any quick fashion, so you probably won't hear from them anyway. I appreciate the effort, but will...
  15. jwoodall04

It is a poorly implemented feature. It whites out level counters, vehicle under motion, etc... furthermore, why would you white them out rather than have them just wipe the graphic and keep the appropriate nationality color? It is a graphical mess.
  16. jwoodall04

Thanks. Bit strange that they would even provide it for download.
  17. jwoodall04

Is there a way to correct this right now or should I revert to an earlier version? Using VASL 6.4.0.
  18. jwoodall04

Who was your mentor(s)?

I'm fairly certain I wouldn't be playing without Patrick Ireland's help. Spent a good while with him playing through his six learning scenarios and I have to admit I wasn't as fully engaged as I could have been regarding the rules, but it did ignite the spark and now we have a fairly active...
  19. jwoodall04

Acquisition colour

I just have the red and blue counters because I don't want to carry all the colors in my kit. So, none of the above, I guess.
  20. jwoodall04

Who is the BPUT?

I know a couple active players in their early 30s (I'm 35 for a short while longer), but none under 30...