Search results

1. ASLurker

Does canister leave residual?

Simple question. Searched the forum, couldn't find anything. I'm assuming it does leave residual. Thanks!
  2. ASLurker

An easy CC question for you vets

I've always been confused on how to attack against leaders in a CC situation. Let's say I have the following, I'll try to keep it simple Germans: 2 x 467, 9-1 leader Russians: 1 x 447 Germans go all in against the Russians 9 to 4, so 2:1. Simple. Now this is where I get fuzzy on the Russian...
  3. ASLurker

Orsogna Project

That would make sense since this is a historical map.
  4. ASLurker

Orsogna Project

Feedback... Woods/brush: I'm okay with the woods and brush. It's a stylized version of what we're used to. Orchards (BB8?): Are these out of season orchards or something else? I'm not sure what they are, but I'm not a fan. The 4 orchard tree images (in BB8, etc) are too similar in color to the...
  5. ASLurker

ASL: difficult to learn to play, easy to learn how to play well, and dying out

If your interpretation is right, you are correct. But, how can you claim something is "blatantly untrue" if it's open to interpretation? Anyway, most of us don't compete in tournament championships anyway. Most of us spend more time trimming counters than playing (kind of joking, but not). To...
  6. ASLurker

ASL: difficult to learn to play, easy to learn how to play well, and dying out

The mechanics of the ASL system ARE elegantly simple to understand: Fire, movement, fire back, advance, close combat. That's how most WW2 combat takes place, various impulses of those phases. It's the subtleties of all the situations and the ruleset encompassing the system that complicates...
  7. ASLurker

Brevity Assault AAR

I did my part a couple weeks ago and pre-ordered both. Looks very interesting. And for those who don't like the desert, they have other scenarios and HASLs that don't take place on pure desert. For example:
  8. ASLurker

What was your "moment?"

I dabbled with quite a few wargames back in the late 70s, most of them stratetic, grand strategic, or operational (Russian Campaign, Third Reich, Air Assault on Crete, even some scifi/fantasy types, etc). But none of them stuck, I couldn't really get into them or find excitement or stories in...
  9. ASLurker

WO 2020 begins

Wait..what?! Is this some kind of WO only thing? I have a bunch of original counters (circa late 80s) that I'd replace but don't really want/need to buy reprints (BV, FKAC, etc).
  10. ASLurker

MMP Updates 2020

So is this is a straight 2nd edition reprint, or will it be a "3rd edition" with all know errata incorporated?
  11. ASLurker

Croix de Guerre Reprint Contents?

Board 41 is $3.50 on ebay (mounted version anyway) https://www.ebay.com/itm/Avalon-Hill-Advanced-Squad-Leader-ASL-Mounted-Boards/223849299055
  12. ASLurker

Poll: leaders on top

Per A12.16 an opponent can inspect any stack at any time that in a LOS and that's not concealed. To keep things from getting messy (opponent constantly looking at stacks) I just keep leaders on top. I mean, you're usually inspecting them yourself during play and your opponent can see everything...
  13. ASLurker

Today in ASL I ... (Day to day ASL doings)

Yes, these are purely for home use/storage. I have a nasty/janky travel set of counters, mostly comprise of original module counters (BV, Yanks, WoA, etc) which are much lower quality than the newer counters.
  14. ASLurker

Today in ASL I ... (Day to day ASL doings)

Invested in a couple Hozan boxes to see how they work out. These things are legit! Entire American OOB in the size of a Starter Kit box. Believe it or not I was still storing a lot of my stuff in those old AH vacuum formed trays.
  15. ASLurker

Brevity Assault pack available for pre-orders!

Thanks for the reply. Just placed my order directly!
  16. ASLurker

Sebi, may I ask another question? How will these modules be packaged? Are they in boxes similar to MMPs Starter Kits, or are they flat packs in clear bags similar to Bounding Fire Production or Lone Canuck Publishing (if you are familiar with those)? Thanks!
  17. ASLurker

If I order directly from your website does that price include shipping to the United States? I don't see any shipping information.
  18. ASLurker

Forum Changes to Reaction Choices

Threads that devolve like this is why I mostly lurk.
  19. ASLurker

Rulebook soon available ?

I think MMP just posted on twitter that they are working on the next version of the RB. The pocket version of the ASLRB is always in print (as it's a print on demand book).
  20. ASLurker

ASL Gamesquad Threads

Here's the trick to FB. Join the Groups you enjoy, bookmark this link https://www.facebook.com/bookmarks/groups and only enter FB from that link. I don't even look at my feed/wall anymore. I mainly use FB for Groups only.