Search results

1. Russ Isaia

E3.733, E3.9: Bypassing Woods in Deep Snow

The squad in 3D9 below wants to bypass the Woods in 3C9. Deep Snow is in effect. Q. What is the total additional MF cost attributable to the Deep Snow if it bypasses the Woods in 3C9 only as necessary to enter -- 3B9? 3B8? 3C8? A. ½ MF, 1 MF, and 1½ MF, respectively. ....Perry MMP
  2. Russ Isaia

A1.6, O5.331, R5.331 - Pushing a Gun through a Breach in an Interior Factory Wall

A1.6, O5.331, R5.331 Q. A Breach exists in an Interior Factory Wall in a game or scenario to which the above Red Barricades and Red Factories rules apply. What is the US# of the unit currently wishing to cross the breached hexside in the case of a crew attempting to push a Gun which is not a...
  3. Russ Isaia

Article by V. Maresca entitled "Campaign Game Day 1 in the Barrikady"

I wrote down the author's name and the title of this article some time ago, got busy with life, and am at last circling back to find it. "Vinnie Maresca" contributed to a recent Banzai!! (Oct. 2020) so I assumed it was in Banzai!! but could not find it there. So, where is it? Not Texas ASL: just...
  4. Russ Isaia

The Last Bid (RB5) OoB - RB vs. RF

Maybe I am the last to the party, but there are differences between the German OoB in the Last Bid - RF and the Last Bid - RB (ver. 1, are there multiple versions?). Specifically, 14 x 8-3-8 become 4 x 8-3-8 (AE) and 8 x 8-3-8. 5 x 8-1 leaders become 4 x 8-1. 6 x 8-0 leaders become 5 x 8-0. 7 x...
  5. Russ Isaia

FT vs. Tank

In the pic below, the T34 - M41 with VCA I44/I45 but TCA G44/H43 has just started and passed its Mechanical Reliability DR, when the assault engineers pictured attack it with their FT. The German player rolls a DR of 3,1 with 3 on the red die. Is the AFV (and crew) incinerated or just eliminated...
  6. Russ Isaia

RB Chapter O Rules which were clarifications of Chapter A-D rules - where'd they go in RF?

The Red Barricades rules pages began with a series of O.# rules described as "clarifications of Chapter A-D rules." I can't find them in the Red Factories version of Chapter O. Are they still there? Assuming not, do they remain clarifications of A-D?
  7. Russ Isaia

CC with concealed units

A concealed unit advances into a building hex containing a concealed enemy unit. Neither side succeeds in ambushing the other. The enemy unit declines to attack in CC, and the friendly unit fails to eliminate or casualty reduce the enemy unit. As the enemy unit is still concealed, the units...
  8. Russ Isaia

Armory for Squad Leader

Is there an Armory listing for the Squad Leader components, as with (until recently) the ASL components? I long ago mixed some of my SL components (mostly leaders and system counters) into my ASL component set and now would like to separate them.
  9. Russ Isaia

Broken Infantry in Melee with Immobilized AFV

Watching a VASL game I saw a MMC and leader advance into an open ground hex (with shellholes) containing an AFV and attack it in CC. They succeeded only in immobilizing the AFV. In the ensuing PfPh the AFV broke both with MA fire. The broken units then routed away. I thought A11.15/A11.7 plus...
  10. Russ Isaia

Cases A & B To Hit Penalties

ASL Journal 8, Tip for the Trenches, notes: " . . . a Gun can avoid the Case A TH penalty by simply changing its CA in the PFPh without firing, and firing instead in the Advancing Fire Phase? C5.11 requires a Gun to pay the TH penalty only in the same phase it changes CA." Ok, but won't Case B...
  11. Russ Isaia

Gun Duels

[To be clear, the questions are mine, the answers, Perry's.] Q1. A DEFENDER declares a DFF attack against a vehicle attempting BFF, which vehicle responds by declaring a Gun Duel. However, the vehicle is not eligible to fire first in a Gun Duel because its TH DRMs (computed in accordance with...
  12. Russ Isaia

Rulebook Page H30

I have H29G (copyright 2014 MMP) and H31 (copyright 2016 MMP) -- is there supposed to be a page H30 in between?
  13. Russ Isaia

Scenario HS33

This scenario, played on board RR, was published in ASL Journal Eleven. Simple questions: HS = ? RR = ?
  14. Russ Isaia

My Next ASL Product or Scenario Pack?

I am restocking my ASL collection after a long hiatus, and as I prefer to play only stuff I have paid for (because designers deserve to be compensated, unless they want to give it to me for free): If you did not already own it, what ASL product or scenario collection would you spend your next...
  15. Russ Isaia

"Stop and Go Traffic: Moving, Motion, and Non-Stopped Status"

This is an excellent article by Ole Boe on the stated topics as well as "Moving Target," which appeared in the ASL Annual '96. Is there any list, or does anyone know, the specific observations in it if any that have been clarified, rendered obsolete or even reversed by subsequent rule changes...