Search results

1. CTKnudsen

No image counters

I have had some issues with VASL (most likely due to me having computer issues and having to create a new user account) so I decided to install from scratch. Works ok so far, but I am getting some weird things, among them things like this: Why the "No image"? Any ideas? Thanks in advance!
  2. CTKnudsen

Ammo Shortage and Extreme Winter

I recently played a KGS scenario in which the Germans are under extreme winter effects and suffer from Ammo shortage. In this case, there is a KGS SSR that adjusts the extreme winter penalty from B# -2 to -1 when firing from certain terrain, and the Ammo shortage is set at Level 2, so...
  3. CTKnudsen

CASLO XXIV AAR

Unfortunately we had to make the 24th Canadian ASL Open a virtual event, for obvious reasons. And I will admit that, like others, I really missed the opportunity to meet and socialize in person. But still, I really enjoyed my first ever tournament, virtual or no, and I still got to meet some...
  4. CTKnudsen

Boats!

So a German Assault boat has an inherent driver meaning that it can move 4 hexes regardless of the number/status of its passengers. I assume that this does not include reducing the boats MP for the movement of the squad prior to loading, yes? So if a non-CX MMC moves 1 MF into a hex containing...
  5. CTKnudsen

ASLSK rules available on MMP website

Over on FB, Chas put up a link to the MMP site, where they have posted a pdf of the SK ruleset, as of SK4, up to date with all errata. http://www.multimanpublishing.com/Support/ASLASLSK/ASLSKOfficialDownloads/tabid/108/Default.aspx This is great, not only because it makes the SK rules...
  6. CTKnudsen

KBR 2 - To the Yard

David Garvin was nice enough to bring his new copy of LC's Konigsberg: The Bear's Revenge to our club meeting yesterday, so we played this interesting little scenario. It pits 11 or 12 Elite/First Line Russian squads with 2 Leaders, an MMG, 2 LMG, and an ATR against 3 German squads, a German MG...
  7. CTKnudsen

ASL Players Master Perfected Rulebook

I note that it's been a month since we've had any posts in the Perry Sez subforum. I can only conclude that this means the community has figured it out, the RB is now perfected, and any and all possible situations that could cause rules confusion are now resolved. With that behind us, let's...
  8. CTKnudsen

Solo KGS

So I will be away from home for a couple months, and perhaps a little internet-impaired. So I was thinking of maybe soloing some KGS scenarios on VASL and maybe even some CG days, mostly because I keep coming back to it as a CG I actually want to play one day, but I need to get a better grip on...
  9. CTKnudsen

Graveyard Hindrance Height

After a discussion about EmRR LOS, jrv and I came across what seems to be an omission in F4.51 whereby graveyards are not listed among hindrances that are a half-level in height, which in turn affects F6.52, and therefore whether troops in the Hatten cemetary get hindrances in their favour when...
  10. CTKnudsen

"Open ground" while broken

A unit is in an open ground hex, but the only enemy units that can draw an LOS to it must do so through a wall/hedge hexside. Is the broken unit considered in an "open ground hex" per the first sentence of A10.5? If the answer is yes, would the fact that all of the enemy units were broken make...
  11. CTKnudsen

WP and Firing ATT at nothing in LOS

Firing MTR WP at a hex that is empty to the firer using ATT (obviously). In the hex is an entrenched unit which is behind a hedge, out of LOS to the firer. If firing HE, the unit would not be attacked per C3.33, but A24.31 seems to indicate that any unit in the targeted Location must take an...
  12. CTKnudsen

E1.41, E1.411 - Cloaking setup

Q: > E.1.41 states that "The Scenario Attacker's Infantry (only) always starts the scenario in the form of Cloaking counters [EXC: Aerial landings]." > > E1.411 states that "The Scenario Attacker sets up offboard (including the possible use of Dummy Cloaking counters). He is allotted one...
  13. CTKnudsen

Cloaking setup limits and night dm assembly/disassembly.

Playing J169, in which an SSR states that 4 of the attacking Russian squads MUST enter as riders. As they are not infantry, they cannot be cloaked on entry. The Russian gets 10 non-rider squads, and the four riders. E1.41 states that only infantry may start as cloaking counters. E1.411...
  14. CTKnudsen

RB Historical Chrome?

My currently playing a RB CG, as well as a recent thread on the positions of the front line in the Barrikady on a given date has got me thinking. So, a thought exercise, if you will. RB is pretty much the least "historical" of the CGs, in a few ways. I believe that this is due to it being so...
  15. CTKnudsen

Cloaking counters and foxholes

During a night scenario, a cloaking counter enters a hex containing a 1S foxhole, and wishes to enter the foxhole. Contained in the relevant cloaking box are a leader and 2 squads. No enemy units are in NVR, and the location is not illuminated. Which of the following is the correct method for...
  16. CTKnudsen

J13 Bones?

Since Monday might be just around the corner, I was wondering if there are any scraps that could be thrown to the ASL hoi polloi about the next Journal? Astounding Articles? AARs? Scenario Analyses? Any notable authors brimming with ASL wisdom? The mythical release of the VotG SASL CGs...
  17. CTKnudsen

FKAC! FKAC! FKAC!

MMP has just announced they are re-printing FKAC, it's up on the page. Target is 550 orders.
  18. CTKnudsen

ASL 40 - Fort McGregor - SSR 7

I am about to take my first foray into night rules by playing the defender in ASL 40. Reading the night rules, and jrv's "Bring on the Night" article (thanks jrv!), I have become confused by the following SSR: But E1.922 does not seem to be "mutually exclusive" as written; I can pick any of...
  19. CTKnudsen

Jungle, Japanese HIP, and when you lose HIP status.

Boy I'm full of questions lately! So my oppo drives a Tank into a hex with a HIP stealthy elite Japanese MMC. Assuming I decide not to fire in any way, and the tank stops and ends it MPh in my hex, when do I lose HIP and why? What are my options?
  20. CTKnudsen

Routing, Low crawl, and destination hex.

It is the American RtPh. No Quarter and KGP Extremely Heavy Mist are in effect. EDIT - revised the pic to create a situation that is more accurate to what happened in-game - thanks to Mr. Incredible for pointing out some errors in my original pic that cloud the intent of the post. Both...