Search results

1. ReggieRed

Hell or High Water Beaching Questions

My regular VASL opponent and I are taking another stab at seaborne assaults after giving Bloody Red Beach a go 18 months ago. Had two questions regarding beaching and unbeaching LC that came up and we were not sure if we handled them correctly: 1) In the picture, does the LC beach when it...
  2. ReggieRed

VotG NKVD leaders

Getting ready to start VotG CGI as my first HASL campaign game ever. Had a question on the Russian Company Leader Table in V12.6225. Are the leaders that the Russians receive with an NKVD coy only commissars or are they the regular leaders PLUS the commissars? Couldn't find any reference in...
  3. ReggieRed

Columbus Area Advanced Squad Leader monthly meeting, 2 March 2019

The March meeting for the Columbus Area Advanced Squad Leader (CAASL) Group will be held this Saturday, 2 March starting at 0900 at the Hilliard Branch of the Columbus Public Library, 4500 Hickory Chase Way, Hilliard, Ohio 43026. If you are going to be in the central Ohio area this weekend...
  4. ReggieRed

PAATC to advance into CC against AFV vs. PAATC for CC Reaction Fire against AFV

Ran into a stumper playing my first scenario from Hatten in Flames last weekend. My opponent was attempting street-fighting CC Reaction Fire vs. one of my AFV's on a street adjacent to his building containing multiple squads. As we were brushing up on the CC Reaction Fire rules, we both...
  5. ReggieRed

Question on SSR 5 from ASL 37 "Khamsin"

My opponent and I are getting ready to play this classic scenario (the first stab at DTO for both of us) and have been having some discussion about SSR 5, which states: "During their MPh, all German vehicles must move as far due east as possible (without need of ESB), using Platoon Movement as...
  6. ReggieRed

Double Trouble (AP84) SSR questions

Started up this scenario PBEM and ran into a couple of questions regarding SSRs. Think they are pretty straight-forward, but would like to hear other opinions. 1) SSR 3 regarding the gunboat MTR states "Any Good Order British leader may act as a Spotter (C9.3) for the gunboat MTR [EXC: the...
  7. ReggieRed

Columbus Area Advanced Squad Leader Meeting this Saturday!

Columbus Area Advanced Squad Leader (CAASL) Meeting this Saturday, June 2 from 9am-4:45pm at the Marysville Public Library, 231 S Plum St, Marysville, OH 43040. If you are in the Central Ohio area, stop on by!
  8. ReggieRed

MOL and cowering

How does cowering affect the 4 FP MOL increase on an IFT shot vs. infantry? A7.9 looks pretty clear that the column is shifted based on the FP of the entire attack, but then in A22.611, it says "The MOL 4 FP bonus is always added after any modification of FP; i.e., it is not subject to...
  9. ReggieRed

Firelanes down a moderately sloped beach

Playing Bloody Red Beach on VASL and the following question came up. Can a MG in the pillbox above place a FL down the moderately sloped beach? I set up in that hex with dreams of a MMG in said pillbox raking the jarheads as they struggled across the sand. However, as my opponent and I dug...
  10. ReggieRed

Columbus Area Advanced Squad Leader Meeting

The Columbus Area Advanced Squad Leader (CAASL) Group will hold its inaugural meeting on Saturday, March 31st, 2018 at the Marysville Public Library, 231 S Plum St, Marysville, Ohio 43040, Meeting Room B. Gaming will start just after the library opens at 9am and will continue until just before...
  11. ReggieRed

Cave complexes, tunnels and pillboxes

Trying to get ready to play ASL 74 Bloody Red Beach as the Japanese against my regular VASL opponent and my head is about to explode (in a good way, I think). With all the intermingling ASL goodness of caves, myriads of fortifications and PTO terrain, I've quit worrying about a tactically sound...
  12. ReggieRed

AFV's Lax at night?

Playing an old General scenario (G21 - Cat's Kill) on VASL. Night rules apply and the following question came up. An SSR says that the Majority Squad Type for the Germans are Stealthy. E1.6 says: 1.6 LAX/NORMAL/STEALTHY: All units are classified as Lax, Stealthy or Normal at night. Cloaking...
  13. ReggieRed

Movement between Cave Complexes

My regular VASL opponent and I took our first cut at caves today, starting a game of Sea of Tranquility. A question came up about the Japanese being able to move between cave complexes. G11.6 states "Each Cave Complex is Accessible to...each other Complex it touches". G11.73 states "A Cave...
  14. ReggieRed

Pinning on the Beach

Seaborne Assault...are infantry units immune to pin results on the beach? Per G12.13, personnel passengers are immune to pins while aboard landing craft. Per G13.421, infantry is immune to pins while wading. Per G14.32 infantry conducing seaborne assault are fanatic when on the beach, and...
  15. ReggieRed

Surrendering to an SMC on top of wire

The situation is as shown in the attached image...a disrupted German squad is L9 and it is the German RtPh. The unit on top of the wire in L10 is a GO Russian leader with the LMG. Does the German squad in L9 surrender to the leader on top of the wire? I don't see anywhere in A20.21 that the...
  16. ReggieRed

ASLSK vs ASL routing question

As a full ASL player, I recently purchased 10th Anniversary ASLSK#1 in order to introduce the game system to some of the younger lads I work with. Was playing ASL S1 yesterday at lunch with a co-worker and ran across what appear to be some subtle differences in the routing mechanics. Are these...
  17. ReggieRed

DM adjacent units

Per A10.62, does a unit need to survive (i.e. no a KIA/K result that eliminates it) any first fire/SFF in an ADJACENT hex in order to DM a broken unit, or does the DM result occur the instant that the moving unit becomes ADJACENT to the broken one? I think its probably the latter as A10.62 just...
  18. ReggieRed

Looking for VASL PBEM game (CLOSED)

Hello, Looking to start a VASL PBEM game. Newer player back at it for about 9 months after a 15+ year break. Just got Rising Sun and Yanks 2 recently, so maybe something on the smallish side from one of those sets (i.e. Totsugeki, Smith & Weston, one of the original Paratrooper scenarios) but...
  19. ReggieRed

E11.5 Column Question

Getting ready to play Cibik's Ridge (my first PTO scenario in 15+ years, but that's neither here nor there) and had a question regarding the use of columns. Can you split up a column without using the 1 MF for disbandment as called for in E11.53 by defining multiple columns as subsets of the...