Search results

1. ReggieRed

Barbed Wire movement and fire question please

Thanks for the feedback guys!
  2. ReggieRed

Barbed Wire movement and fire question please

Bringing back this quasi-zombie thread (only dead for < 18 months :) ) because a very similar situation happened in our VASL game tonight and I don't think we saw a definitive answer above. Squad with 4 MF trying to AM and enters a wire hex in OG. One MF to enter the hex and then rolls a 2 so...
  3. ReggieRed

What is the toughest/hardest scenario you ever played ?

Bloody Red Beach for me. Large OoB, LC, caves, air, napalm, I think there was NOBA. Played via VASL live. Awesome fun, but some nights my head would be pounding after getting a half-turn done in two hours because of the time spent in the ASLRB. It came down to the final CCPh on top of one of...
  4. ReggieRed

Hell or High Water Beaching Questions

My regular VASL opponent and I are taking another stab at seaborne assaults after giving Bloody Red Beach a go 18 months ago. Had two questions regarding beaching and unbeaching LC that came up and we were not sure if we handled them correctly: 1) In the picture, does the LC beach when it...
  5. ReggieRed

A8.312 TPBF, A12.151 Bypass, D7.2 Reaction Fire, and D7.22 Non-CC Reaction Fire

Sorry for bringing this semi-zombie thread back to life (it has only been dead for a couple of months...not even enough time to start to decompose!), but my regular VASL opponent and I had a reaction fire situation come up in our current KGS scenario tonight that tripped us up a bit. I think...
  6. ReggieRed

VotG NKVD leaders

Thanks, JR!
  7. ReggieRed

VotG NKVD leaders

Getting ready to start VotG CGI as my first HASL campaign game ever. Had a question on the Russian Company Leader Table in V12.6225. Are the leaders that the Russians receive with an NKVD coy only commissars or are they the regular leaders PLUS the commissars? Couldn't find any reference in...
  8. ReggieRed

Columbus Area Advanced Squad Leader monthly meeting, 2 March 2019

The March meeting for the Columbus Area Advanced Squad Leader (CAASL) Group will be held this Saturday, 2 March starting at 0900 at the Hilliard Branch of the Columbus Public Library, 4500 Hickory Chase Way, Hilliard, Ohio 43026. If you are going to be in the central Ohio area this weekend...
  9. ReggieRed

FKAC! FKAC! FKAC!

Well, as much as I, er...I mean my friend...would like to put out $25,000 in a purely altruistic fashion to further the hobby, my wife, er...I mean my friend's financial advisor...would expect some form of return on investment to OK the purchase. So I guess my friend is going to have to wait...
  10. ReggieRed

FKAC! FKAC! FKAC!

So would it be legit to pre-order 275 FKaC units at $90 each to get the module printed, drive to Maryland to pick them all up to avoid the shipping, keep one to play with the Brits, and then turn around and sell the other 274 on eBay at $300 a pop? Asking for a friend...
  11. ReggieRed

Twin Cities ASL 10/13/18

Blizzards in Minneapolis? Say it ain't so! Will be looking at my calendar and trying to coordinate a visit. Thanks!
  12. ReggieRed

Twin Cities ASL 10/13/18

Do you guys always meet on the second Saturday of the month? I'm in Ohio but have a daughter in grad school at U of Minn and thought I would try to time a visit to correspond to a weekend that you are playing.
  13. ReggieRed

PAATC to advance into CC against AFV vs. PAATC for CC Reaction Fire against AFV

Thanks, JR. A more careful reading of A11.6 clarified for me the fact that the SMC does not have to take a PAATC. Still, the use of the term "DEFENDER" in D7.21 had us puzzled. We wanted to treat it like "DEFENDER MMC" and felt like it should be treated as such, but couldn't find any specific...
  14. ReggieRed

PAATC to advance into CC against AFV vs. PAATC for CC Reaction Fire against AFV

Ran into a stumper playing my first scenario from Hatten in Flames last weekend. My opponent was attempting street-fighting CC Reaction Fire vs. one of my AFV's on a street adjacent to his building containing multiple squads. As we were brushing up on the CC Reaction Fire rules, we both...
  15. ReggieRed

Failed FL residual

I would think that the normal residual FP is NOT placed since the FL is not placed due to the cower, but rereading A9.22 I dont see anything specifically referenced about this. I would interpret the declaration of a FL as precluding the chance to place normal residual, and when the FL fails...
  16. ReggieRed

Question on SSR 5 from ASL 37 "Khamsin"

My opponent and I are getting ready to play this classic scenario (the first stab at DTO for both of us) and have been having some discussion about SSR 5, which states: "During their MPh, all German vehicles must move as far due east as possible (without need of ESB), using Platoon Movement as...
  17. ReggieRed

Scenario names I'd like to see

I had used this one awhile back somewhere on this forum, but I still like it. An action taking place on the second day after the invasion of Attu...Attu-D2.
  18. ReggieRed

Any chance a 3rd Ed. ASLRB will be published?

Since we're on the subject of eASLRB, I would love to see a "filterable" version of the rules. There was a filterable version of an ASOP floating around where you could select the rules that were in play and it would only show the applicable steps in the ASOP. Something like that for the...
  19. ReggieRed

Any useful thoughts on using Rocket OBA?

One of the few ways I've found to beat Jeff...stand back and let him torch a VC building with rockets.... ;-)