Search results

1. veron

Possible LOS bug on mapboard 71

VASL shows this LOS as blocked (mapboard 71), shouldn't it be clear? VASSAL 3.7.7 + VASL 6.6.7, Mac OS X 14.2.1.
  2. veron

Ambush when reinforcing a Close Combat (Pillbox)

A11.4 AMBUSH states: What about when "reinforcing" a hex that already has units from both sides from a previous turn - but not in Melee - for example with a Pillbox?
  3. veron

OBA card deck moving around in the OBA Modules window

There seems to be something weird with the OBA Modules window when you change the number of chits in a module. How to reproduce the problem? 'Start new game offline' Select board -> 01 (I'm sure it doesn't matter which board you pick) Click 'Finish' Click 'OBA' on toolbar Click 'Add Module'...
  4. veron

B26. Wire & stack movement

B26.4 says: and also: Let's say I have a leader and two squads on Wire and I want to move them all as one stack. Do I make the Wire roll once, twice, or thrice?
  5. veron

Only seeing the map when trying to spectate a game

Recently when I've tried to spectate an online game on VASL, I can only see the map. No units or anything else. I can see chat text and dice rolls, but on the actual game area only the map. Have tried to click on the button that shows different state of the map (with and without units etc) to no...
  6. veron

VotG 7 Storming the Station; offboard entry clarification

Hello all, looking for a clarification for the setup for this scenario. Scenario OB for the Germans says: "Sturmgruppe enter on Turn 1 along the west/north edge". Does this mean that... a) all the units must enter the board along the same map edge, or b) some of the units can enter along the...
  7. veron

Valor of the Guards crest line

Hey all, in parts of Valor of the Guards map the crest line is on the other side of the hexside where it usually is, f.ex. between W1 and X1. I'm assuming this is for aesthetic purposes as mentioned in B.1, i.e., there still is LOS from W1 to X1 and Y2? What about from W1 to X2?
  8. veron

Stripping Concealment during MPh by momentarily revealing your unit

Consider the following situation. Neither player knows if the enemy unit is real or a Dummy. It's the German player's MPh. German: I use normal movement to get into the woods in I8. One-two. Russian: Okay, you're good. German: Okay, I stop movement there. Question: Can the Russian player...
  9. veron

Map for Dzerhezinsky Tractor Works (CH)

Hey all, I bought this module second hand as I got it very cheap. Very nice map except for those tiny little hexes. Does anyone have a VASL map for this one (doesn't seem to be one in vasl.info)?
  10. veron

Woods-road hex & FFMO (Board 50, hex L9)

Hello all, so B13.31 says: This is from board 50: Is there any way you can get FFMO against a unit moving in L9 using the road, because the center dot is in the middle of the woods? Wonder if this is a mistake on the map, or..?
  11. veron

PTO Terrain Chart?

In VASL.info site, under Extensions (http://vasl.info/extensions.htm), there's this handy chart for ETO Terrain. Wondering if anyone have done similar for PTO Terrain?
  12. veron

Slopes: Up-Slope + Wall + Entrenchment

Hello, can the German MMC see a unit in the Foxhole in J6? Note that there is a Wall in J5/J6. Relevant rules in question: and Emphasis mine for the parts that are confusing me. PB3.3 seems to say that the B9.21 LOS restriction applies, but then B9.21 itself says that it doesn't if you...
  13. veron

Pegasus Bridge CG11: Guns

This rule says: Now, if you would take that literally, it would mean you could move your Gun, for example, from A21 to A18 (i.e. across the canal, 24 hexes away from the bridge). Pretty sure this is not the intent of the rule..?
  14. veron

Broken Guards in a Melee

One more! Start of RtPh. Do the broken German Guards become DM? If they do, can they rout away when there is a Melee going on? If yes, do the Prisoners follow them? If no, what happens?
  15. veron

A4.2 Mechanics of Movement and D13 Vehicular smoke dispensers

Lot of questions this weekend... Let's say it's my MPh, I have an AFV that is Stopped and has sD. With this AFV, for the first MP I try to use the sD but I roll more than the Usage Number. Can I then switch to another unit and come back to the AFV later (as it has not used any MPs yet) or do I...
  16. veron

Minefield 'Strength' functionality

Hey all, if you right-click on a Minefield counter, you can see on the context menu: But at least on my VASL, this does nothing (not by clicking on it, nor by hitting CTRL-S). Is this a bug, or..? Mac OS X 10.9.5, VASSAL 3.2.15, VASL 6.3.3.
  17. veron

Pegasus Bridge hex E16

Hey all, is E16 Open Ground or a Building hex? I would have thought it's an Open Ground hex, but this quote from Rate of Fire #14 made me wonder: With the "2nd" I think he means 2nd level. I can see on Google that this has been asked in here before, but alas, I cannot find the thread...
  18. veron

Rout Target & Interdiction & Surrendering

Hey all, there is a broken British MMC in K15. It is the start of the RtPh. Assume this is the whole map for the situation. O16 is exactly 6 MF away from the broken MMC so it must choose that as his target, correct? And to get there in 6 MF, they must go there via L15. Which would lead for...
  19. veron

IFE and Bounding First Fire

Hey all, I realized I haven't yet used IFE as BFF and I came up with quite a few questions regarding it. Please see the picture. German Halftrack's (HT) TCA is X15/Y15 and it is Stopped. It is a German MPh. 1. Can the HT BFF at the British MMC at X14 using IFE? 2. If answer to 1 is 'yes'...
  20. veron

Gammon Bombs on Pegasus Bridge (PB15)

Question: Is the PB15 rule title (AIRBORNE BRITISH VS AFV CLOSE COMBAT) to be taken literally, i.e., can the Gammon Bombs only be used against AFVs (and not unarmored vehicles)? Answer: Gammon Bombs may be used against non-armored vehicles (C13.7).