Search results

1. CaptCaveman

Vassal 3.7.0 Released

I'm not seeing the automatic mark moved work since I upgraded to the latest VASSAL (6.6.6 / 3.7.0). I can manually mark units as moved, and they are reported in the chat window, but the move tag doesn't show up when moving units around. I do have the "show when pieces moved" preference set.
  2. CaptCaveman

VASL Scenario Setups?

The "Enhanced for..." scenarios are more likely to be compatible, but there's no guarantee they are correct. Always check vs. scenario card.
  3. CaptCaveman

VASL Scenario Setups?

This is the main list.
  4. CaptCaveman

Covered Arc?

Empire of the Sun has a similar feature which is hugely beneficial (in that game). The VASSAL module shows zones of influence for aircraft and carrier wings, making it easy to see where there might be holes (either to exploit or cover up, depending on your perspective). As others have said...
  5. CaptCaveman

Version 2 of the Solitaire ASL Campaign Roster extension is available

I’ve been testing this in my SASL campaign over the past two weeks and love it. Great work @Gordon — thanks for your time and energy.
  6. CaptCaveman

Custom Phase Wheel Reverts to Spy vs Spy

Hah, this thread prompted me to look for these custom pieces and I'm so glad I did. Nice addition!
  7. CaptCaveman

I'm playing around with an SASL charts extension and have a question

I was working on a different VASSAL module but I seem to recall that scrollability was triggered by the type of asset you put into the panel or tab. Are you adding it as a chart?
  8. CaptCaveman

Custom basic VASL charts I've slowly creating (download link)

These look great. How have I never seen the AFV Cheat Sheet?? 🤷‍♂️
  9. CaptCaveman

LOSData File Format

Very cool project. Good luck!
  10. CaptCaveman

VASL GO FUND ME

My guess is that’s the hosting fee plus SSL cost, perhaps for one more year.
  11. CaptCaveman

SASLHC Barbarossa Campaign on YouTube

Brilliant - just now starting to get into SASL and I’d love to see this.
  12. CaptCaveman

New computer??

A sh*t-ton of memory on a Mac helps too! 😆
  13. CaptCaveman

New computer??

I would say "as much monitor as you can fit on your desktop." Another option is to buy two smaller monitors -- I find it very handy to keep just the game map (with dice over map) on one monitor and log window, charts, electronic rulebook, etc. on the other one.
  14. CaptCaveman

Terrain Question

Others might have better ideas but I typically use the draggable overlays for these.
  15. CaptCaveman

The ultimate ASL preach

I think it is Chris Walters: http://eunhyeandchris.com/about-us/ Don't know him.
  16. CaptCaveman

Dash and shellholes

As a side / supporting note, there's this from B3: Interesting that it uses the "extra MF" phrasing here, which is not used in B2.
  17. CaptCaveman

Are we seeing the decline of Tom Brady?

This thread aged well.
  18. CaptCaveman

Aggregated errata for Hatten in Flames

Corrected link for the Texas ASL sticky errata.
  19. CaptCaveman

Not able to access VASL

Rich I can get online and talk you through this today if you are unable to resolve.
  20. CaptCaveman

ASL Player Ratings

Nice. Great to see this moving forward and thanks for the effort. I contacted Marc as I have some data I can help with from tournaments in the NW USA.