Search results

1. Okmed

So what scenarios have you played Recently?

HF3 First Timers: I lost with the Germans due to poor (or mistaken) set-up decisions, but had fun. That +1 LV modifier does make a difference, for example making panzerfausts less dangerous and stone buildings even harder to hammer. Look out for those WP-capable 60mm mortars. Fun, easy to play...
  2. Okmed

What ASL Product Have You Bought Recently?

Yanks 2nd edn and Hatten. Yanks is a gotta-have item for getting beyond the Shermans and goon squads of ASLSK. Some of the hefty stack of scenarios require boards not included in Yanks + BV, but no gripe about that. Hatten is a beaut: oversized hexes, winterized artwork, durable components...
  3. Okmed

Hatten In Flames available for pre-order

Maybe the fixed costs of an ASL product also include the licensing fee.
  4. Okmed

So what scenarios have you played Recently?

Two playings of S60 Operation NIWI: It's all-infantry, with the Chasseurs Ardennais attacking Grossdeutschland, May 1940. The first time the Belgians got stuffed, and the second time the Belgians got close but still failed. This is an ASLSK scenario I'd like to try with the full rules, too...
  5. Okmed

Mystery British(?) Insignia

Thanks for the responses, guys. Yeah, looks like a match for 4th Army. That jacket doesn't match my Ike jacket, but that's all one.
  6. Okmed

Mystery British(?) Insignia

Does anyone recognize the patch on this jacket, probably British BDU? Thanks.
  7. Okmed

What boardgames have you played recently?

Marrying Mr. Darcy: Having eloped with Mr. Wickham, Lydia uses a full-on PR campaign to regain her reputation for the win. Cards Against Humanity: In a world ravaged by Sean Penn, our only solace is in Sean Connery. (Hmm, maybe that makes too much sense for this game.)
  8. Okmed

Whoa, I was skimming, saw "Duel at Mt Skullfyre," and figured that had to be an ASL scenario, no doubt from my homies at ESG.
  9. Okmed

I like The Great War in the East (http://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/8070/great-war-east) and its series-mate from S&T 69, Tannenberg (http://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/8071/tannenberg). The scale is operational (units = divisions, mostly, and game turns = 2 days or so) and the rules are...
  10. Okmed

Monty Python Fluxx, followed by Star Fluxx: For such a deliberately random game, Fluxx requires a kind of hand management plus alertness that resembles planning.
  11. Okmed

Hmm, we may have to check out Marrying Mr Darcy. Pride & Prejudice is in regular rotation at our house, on the page and on DVD. As are The Hollow Crown (Richard II, 1 & 2 Henry IV, Henry V) and The Importance of Being Earnest. If you're quoting lines back and forth at each other anyway, you...
  12. Okmed

Quick scenario of G.E.V. a few days ago: Seems like there's always time for Ogre/G.E.V. And space for it, too, since at our house we're using the 5th edition, more compact than the Big Red Box designer's edition. Over the weekend I played Caporetto from The Great War in the East. This was a...