Search results

1. agoldin

KGP Slopes LOS Question

Hello ASL Hive Mind, My opponent and I are playing KGP 3: Decision at La Gleize, and the fighting outside Borgoumont is intense. This is also the same ground we've fought over for a related scenario. In any event, I would like to get a clarification on the LOS from two locations: TT44 and...
  2. agoldin

KGP CG Idle dates and on-map setup

Hello Hive Mind, I'm playing Kampfgruppe Peiper CG3, La Gleize. The previous CG date was Idle and no scenario was generated (8.6232, Initiative Matrix). I am buying my forces and preparing for the next CG Date. CG7 a) states, "Each German RG whose ID ... begins with an "I", "V" or "HW" which...
  3. agoldin

KGP Routing Question

Hello ASL Hive Mind, A friend and I are playing KGP2 La Gleize. Mist is Extremely Heavy, giving a +1 LOS Hindrance per hex (KGP SSR3). The broken American stack in QQ42 must rout. Can they rout away through QQ43? Or are they eliminated for Failure to Rout? Or must they surrender by the Rout...
  4. agoldin

Sisu

About a Finnish ex commando who finds gold and has to fight his way out with it. Can’t say how accurate it might be but looks fun to watch. https://m.imdb.com/video/vi3987653657/?ref_=vp_rv_ap_0
  5. agoldin

KGP Stoumont, Paging Mr. Jim (Germans) and Mr. Eric (Americans)

Greetings all, Kind of an unusual request but thought I'd give it a shot. A friend of mine and I have 'fought' back and forth over Stoumont for the last year and a half, over three different CGs, so you can imagine our interest when my friend (also named Eric who also played the Americans) came...
  6. agoldin

VASL Maps for HASL 12: Drop Zone St. Mere Eglise?

Dear Map Elves, I've been good all year and would really like to see the board(s) for HASL12 in VASL. I played a scenario at Winter Offensive and enjoyed it. I think this is one of the best HASLs we've seen in a while. Do you think you can make this board for VASL ready for Santa to deliver...
  7. agoldin

Light up the Night -- Onboard mortar firing IR question

Hello to the ASL rules brain trust, I have a couple questions regarding onboard mortars firing Illumination Rounds (IR). Here's the situation: NVR range is 1. The first starshell has already been fired. Both sides have AFVs on board. I have an onboard mortar capable of firing IR. Per E1.932...
  8. agoldin

Illuminating Round availability for OBA

Question for the hive mind: Consider a Night scenario in which OBA is available. SSR says OBA may use HE and SMOKE. Does that mean Illuminating Rounds (IR) are NOT available? The specific reason I ask is for the KGP Stoumont CG. Both US and German artillery is specified as having HE and SMOKE...
  9. agoldin

Routing at Night

All, I'm writing to verify my understanding of rule #E1.54 Routing, which states: "A broken unit does not rout normally at night, but instead, always uses Low Crawl and is never eliminated for Failure to Rout" Does this mean a routing unit can rout ONLY one hex, or may it continue to rout if...
  10. agoldin

HUMAN WAVE 8-10 July 2022 Tysons Corner, Virginia USA

Greetings all, I am pleased to announce the greater Washington DC area Advanced Squad Leader club, the DC Conscripts, has finalized our plan to host the HUMAN WAVE tournament again this year. Starting from humble beginnings in a seedy hotel room (hey, Conscripts don't earn all that many...
  11. agoldin

Routing at Night

Hello all, Here's my second night routing question: It is Night. NVR is 2. It is the Rout phase. What rout options exist for the Broken Americans in S24, and why? Thanks! ?
  12. agoldin

Night, Routing, Melee, and Close Combat

Hello ASL-ers, A friend of mine and I are commemorating the season with some Kampfgruppe Peiper. Naturally there's plenty of fighting at night, which is new to both of us. Here's our rules question: It's Night. Can a unit in Melee voluntarily break, and rout away? It seems like it may be...
  13. agoldin

Kampfgruppe Peiper Setup Areas and Reinforcements

Hello CG Players, I am playing the KGP Stoumont CG and would like some clarity on the rules for setup area determination (8.605), isolated units (8.6052), and uncontrolled territory (8.6053). We are using the updated KGP2 rules. The attached VASL screenshot shows the situation at the end of...
  14. agoldin

Rout Question

Hello Everyone, I have a rout question I hope the hive mind can answer. In this example (from KGP-Stoumont Campaign Game) let's say a US first line squad breaks while an in-Motion German tank (Panther) is in its hex. It is the German player turn and now the beginning of the rout phase. What...
  15. agoldin

Vehicle Smoke Dispensers

Greetings, I have a question for the wisdom of the forum. Situation: It is the Defensive First Fire phase. A sM equipped Sherman fires its MA. Can it then fire its sM at another (new) target? Why or why not? I didn't see anything in D13 which says it can't... Thanks!
  16. agoldin

Air Support / Fighter Bombers

Greetings forum gurus, I am reading through the air support rules and find them to be rather... dense. I am hoping there's a cribsheet or short explanation I can find somewhere which concisely can convey the main points. Would also be nice if I could find a primer on the Bounding Fire...
  17. agoldin

BFP-25 From Villebaudon to Valhalla

Hello Brain Trust, I'm posting because I'm looking for some ideas as to how to play as the German attacker in this scenario. ASL scenario archive scores the scenario as 2-0 German and ROAR is 5-6 US, but I don't see how the Germans can pull off a win against an American forward defense short of...
  18. agoldin

Bypassing a Blaze

Hello all, Question for the collective about Blazes (B25). Can a Blaze Location be bypassed? That is, can a unit move from M8, bypass the Blaze in the building in N8 and enter O8, for example? If yes, then wouldn't the movement cost be "2", since you'd be entering a smoke filled hex? Thanks in...
  19. agoldin

U2 Sweep for Bordj Toum Bridge / US T19 105mm Halftrack

This is/was one of my favorite scenarios until my opponent repeatedly got K results with his OBA and on board 105mm T1 HMC Halftrack. The scenario card shows the ht without its trailer and, as a result, with a B of 9 for the main armament (the 105mm gun). US Vehicle note 36 says "This halftrack...
  20. agoldin

Double One Tournament?

Greetings, Does anyone know anything about the "Double One" tournament, on the calendar for taking place outside London, England 20-23 June 2019? The event is posted to Facebook, and The View from the Trenches website ( http://vftt.co.uk/uktournaments.asp ) indicates it's planned but the...