Search results

1. C

Korea!

Whilst the OP sings his Korea! song, I'd like to sing praises to Mr. Perry Cooke & MMP. It was some years ago that I made a KASL.mdx extension for VASL, which I provided to the KASL Yahoo group for playtesting use. IIRC, we were all "sworn to keep the secret" during the development period...
  2. C

New members introduce yourself here

hi von Marwitz, thanks for the pointer to vasl.info. I guess my path is: 1) Install JRE (I'm going for JRE 7 or 8, my new box has Win7pro) 2) Install VASSAL 3) Install VASL If I can get that done, I'll spend a bit of time solo, then will come looking for an opponent.
  3. C

Ciao ecz, that problem was why I left the community - because I had no ability to solve it. At the time, I did pass your info to other VASL programming gurus, & I am very glad to learn that the issue is resolved.
  4. C

hi guys, countermanCX here. Awhile ago up until 2008, I was pert' active on this forum, I did a lot of work for VASL v5, & made some several *.mdx extension files for VASL. Well now I'm looking to get back into the ASL hobby, I'm about to buy a Win10 laptop, I'd like to know what I'll need to...
  5. C

hi Patrocles - glom on to VASL - your Virtual ASL service. You'll need an ASL Rulebook & Charts, but you won't need any of them nasty modules or ctrs or storage-boxes, since all the maps & ctrs (but not the scenario cards) are available on the VASL interface. & opponents 'cross the face of the...
  6. C

hi martin, welcome, & wish you joy on your emigration action, meanwhile, do your best to keep up w/ ASL on this forum, & by doing VASL. Post to the VASL forum here if you need any help getting your VASL installation sorted! - the only thing lacking from VASL is the post-combat 'brewski'. heh...
  7. C

not strictly true, Robin - although some occaisional glitches show up, to the best of my knowledge, most old logfiles should work ok.
  8. C

What did you watch this weekend?

That I watched "An American in Paris", for the 2nd time, me having the NetFlix DVD. Which it is actually a pert' great movie, w/ no ASL content whatsoever, & helped me ignore the fact the the Pens got their a**es kicked twice, over at the Joe Louis Center. 'Scuse me, actually we was *Shut...
  9. C

IMO that'd be best - if your oppo sends you the partic'lar map file (to be saved to your VASL boards dir) and also gives you the games setup file (which will req' that you've got his mapfile in your 'boards' dir). else, y'all won't even be setting up a congruent game!
  10. C

Welcome back, Bigkayeh. I encourage you to get acquainted w/ VASL as you get back into ASL. No doubt, your nephs can help you get it installed & running. 'S great you're introducing them to the hobby, too - even if they don't cotton to it right away, IMO they're sure to become 'ancient...
  11. C

but, does she let you make a Repair dr after the RPh is over, when you say, "oops, I forgot?" And, do you cut her the same slack? After all, true love cuts both ways, y'know!
  12. C

An AFV is a vehicle w/ non-star armor factors. Personally, I'm only present on my game-maps, when I'm inside one of these AFV things. It's just too easy to getyourselfkilled unless you'retotallyprotectedfromharm by massive AF.
  13. C

I rilly, rilly, rilly hate when that happens! Urgh. She's obviously a sweetheart to give it a try, but personally I wouldn't play a one-on-one combat game w/ a significant other. Living together is tough enough! Actually I agree that VASL can be rather dry, in fact it's almost a different game...
  14. C

Help with BRT VASL Installation

Hello hexagoner, Which those *.vasl setups in the BRT.zip file pre-date the creation of BRT.mdx (old or new) and make no use of the BRT.mdx counters. You'll get those blank counters regardless of the presence/absence of \VASL_ext\BRT.mdx - they are either for counters that don't exist in the...
  15. C

12-point CA system

thx, Chris
  16. C

12-point CA system

Can anyone post a link to / a quote & diagram from / the gist of this interesting variant? A Twelve-Point Facing System for ASL, by Millard, Jim, Fire for Effect 2.3:20 (Feb-94, Fire for Effect) - Twelve Facing CA System Variant