Search results

1. Oberst Hausser

RB

I have no idea what source the designers chose to use as starting OB for RB... Too few infantry on each side by a factor of x2 . ( Possibly x 2.5 for R) Too few Conscripts ( R should be 40% Conscripts) on Day 1. The main issue is that both sides do not have enough MMC/ SW to form any...
  2. Oberst Hausser

Encirclement- I missed this. Did you?

A 7.7 To be considered valid fire, ordnance weapons must secure a hit on the target, and other firers must exert enough FP (taking the possibility of Cowering into account) to possibly inflict at least a NMC result on the target Just two questions: 1) An ordinance weapon ( think 81mm)...
  3. Oberst Hausser

Advancing to factory roofs......in RB

Is it legal? Advance to RB factory rooftop. Also per pp and MP remaining what "cancels" such an advance? Example: 44 7 moves to factory roof ground hex (stairwell, or road entrance) not CX with MMG. In the subsequent advance phase can the 447 advance to the roof? ( with MMG) Same...
  4. Oberst Hausser

LOS thread says yes but eyes say no....

Here is a LOS drawn with the LOS thread... Even on normal view one can see a small portion of the building on the other side of the thread, agreed? YET LOS is apparently OK. What is one supposed to do with this ? I'm also a little dubious of some of the level threads where different...
  5. Oberst Hausser

Quick " bump" question..

When a unit moves to "bump" an enemy unit (to strip?) is any shot at the OPEN part of the said location? This is the same if it was bypassing the hex and as it is not yet in the building it seems that it would be momentarily in the open. building [( hex edge) building]
  6. Oberst Hausser

Pre Reg - Hexes . Corrected ??

Can pre reg hexes be corrected after initial strike??😰 In fact, there is nothing in that rule that's says they cannot which means that I've been wrong for a long time. :oops: Oh well. I remember a player that thought the Russians had to roll for sewer movement, which I'm sure stuffed up those...
  7. Oberst Hausser

DRM situation AFV bogged in factory

In this situation a AFV has moved into factory and bogged, a terrible shame. Due to the fact that the AFV is bogged thus not moving (stopped) what are its DRM other than a -1acq and +1 for BU ? Its TH# under IF was a 3. Thanks
  8. Oberst Hausser

Bypass fire options for AFV

Since a AFV cannot over run in bypass the following sems to be the procedure: IN bypass If in motion = bypass freeze if stopped NO bypass freeze Case 1 AFPh attack (8 FP x 3)/2 (AFPh)= 12 FP AFPh/2 and motion ( x/2) are not combined Enemy unit does lose ? status Case 2...
  9. Oberst Hausser

RB entry (restrictions)

If one gains territory above A20 earlier than 20th can the German entry via it? If the Russian captured the I- R entry hexes in the north, are they still entry hexes for the German? Are German foxholes/wire HIP to the Russian if out of LOS? It seems all Russian fortifications are revealed even...
  10. Oberst Hausser

RB Mk 2 (probably RO as well)

Try this ... Weather has NO EFFECT on air support in October 1942. It is thus merely a CCP consideration. You know, like it actually happened.
  11. Oberst Hausser

RB ( or/and RO)

With the fortification points being very generous to the Russian and seemingly little in the way of restrictions........>>> With 2 CCP = 80 FFP The Russian could HIP 12x 447 = 36 ffp ( HIP 12 MMC) 4 x leaders 4 ffp ( HIP 4 leaders) total = 40 FFP 2 complete companies on...
  12. Oberst Hausser

Concealment and CC

What does 1/2 mean in the CC table when attacking an enemy. Is it FRU or FRD? Example: Russian 447 A concealed , B 447 KEU German 8-1 with 2 467 CC the above. They can attack as 1 1:1 with attack at ? 447 (A) at what ?
  13. Oberst Hausser

What TEM for AFV in factory RB

What is the TEM for an AFV in a RB factory that fires at:( no hindrance) non- debris location (1 or 3 (building)) a debris location what TEM is used for OVR ? :)
  14. Oberst Hausser

AFPh and AFV - which mods apply?

Due to not being able to OVR in bypass one is left with firing in the AFPh in the same hex. Do all these mods apply? TPBF ( same hex) x1/2 (moved) x 1/2 ( fire in AFPh) TEM of the bypass hex (building, woods) Example : Pz IIIL BP factory. 8 x 3= 24 / 2 =12 /2 =6 6 +...
  15. Oberst Hausser

Air Support RB

There is absolutely no basis for air support to be influenced by the weather in RB. The idea that weather has to be clear is in effect incomprehensible . So much info on this plus first hand accounts ... Adjust as needed ..
  16. Oberst Hausser

LOS thread must be broken RB (ver 3)

All of these have no LOS yet...... As an aside the "overlap" problem is visible......
  17. Oberst Hausser

cloaking counters in RB

It was my understanding that the Russian (most often) receives 10 cloaking counters. 5 of these may be "dummy". How do people play this, and can players not use dummy at all so receive close to one per MMC? Thank you
  18. Oberst Hausser

Series of LOS RB ver 3 all seem crazy....

It seems ALL these LOS are non-existent. As I have a glitch in the LOS in the levels showing does anyone have a clue as to how ANY of these LOS are possible. For example, a level 1 building LOS crossing a level 2.5 factory ) to another level 2.5 factory roof ! The K22 building has two...
  19. Oberst Hausser

Can dug in afv be moved

Can di tanks be moved at will at the end of a scenario ? In RB .. That's a good reason to buy them. Also do they have to be hit in the turret in the DR? Thanks 👍
  20. Oberst Hausser

OBA and Factories ... LOS etc

What is to be done on the " must see a ground level ( AR , SR etc) in RB, RO CG ?? This is virtually impossible: Case A: Outside the factory Can only see outside wall of factory, if SR/ FFE goes INTO the factory LOS is lost. Case B: Inside factory Very limited view of ground...