Search results

1. M

Movement offboard

3.1a states: "... and sets up offboard all forces due to enter this player turn" As the SK stands, this could simply mean moving the units from the scenario card to the table beside the edge of the board they are due to arrive on, simply as a memory aid. There is nothing specific about...
  2. M

Movement offboard

I'm not sure I understand this. Is JGilbert moving a unit on to the board, off the board, then back on (which is not allowed). Or (more likely) Moving units around off board before they move onto the board. If this is the case, then why would he do that? Does the SK state (I cant...
  3. M

Rout problems

I do agree that the ROF rules in the SK were difficult. The rules were there and made sense when you read them, but when you came to use them, there were many basic situations where the correct action was unclear. Regarding the underscore beneath the Morale, it is explained (sort of) on page...
  4. M

Rout problems

I have also found the ASLSK rules to be poorly written. If you already know the rules, then the SK rules are clear. If you are using the SK to learn the rules, then they are awful. Part of it may be an unrealistic expectation on behalf of the consumer (i.e. me). Most people probably...
  5. M

(ASLSK) 3.5 - Assault Fire & 3.3 Smoke

Thanks zgrose. They are the answers I expected, but wasn't sure.
  6. M

(ASLSK) 3.5 - Assault Fire & 3.3 Smoke

If I have a stack containing three German 5-4-8s, and they use Assault Fire, is the FP calculated like this: (5/2)+1 = 3.5 which is rounded to 4. Three squads thus comes to 12FP. Or like this ((5+5+5)/2) + 3 = 10.5 which is rounded up to 11, but becomes 8 FP. In a hex, I have three...
  7. M

(ASLSK) - Wheat Fields

The Starter Kit states that these cost 1.5 MF to enter. For the purposes of First Defensive Fire etc is that rounded down to 1 MF? Thanks btw. Is there an FAQ that has answers to these types of questions? I would prefer to read an FAQ than bother you people with such simple...
  8. M

(A9.2) Machine Guns ROF and Defensive Fire

Thanks for the help everyone. As an old Squad Leader player, I have found most aspects of the game relatively easy, but the reworking of Defensive Fire was a bit of a shock. It is also not really explained well in the Starter Kit. It probably makes sense if you already know how it works, but...
  9. M

So if it maintains ROF through Defensive First Fire, will its B# be lowered by two for Subsequent First Fire? If not, and if it maintains ROF through Subsequent First Fire will the same apply for Final Protective Fire until eventually it does fail its ROF? Thanks
  10. M

(A6.1) Line Of Sight (ASLSK)

"you started D3 then moved to D4" I don't understand this. D3 is a full woods hex. D4 is a wood-road hex. The unit is not moving across the road hexside. Can the unit only expend 1 MF in this case? - I thought it would be 2 as it has crossed a wood hex side, and thus the unit would get...
  11. M

"Once the MG loses ROF, it can never regain ROF for subsequent shots in that player turn. It can continue to attack, but only with Sustained Fire penalties and then is always marked with a Final Fire counter. Once so marked, it can only fire again using sustained fire in FPF shots." Does this...
  12. M

Thanks Reepicheep for your execclent and concise reply. One last question. When I subscribed to the forum somehow (presumably an error on behalf), I ended up in Belgium instead of Australia (I have visited Belgium, which is a nice plce, but I want to go home :-) ). I have attempted to...
  13. M

After being away from Squad Leader for over a decade, I’ve picked up the ASLSK, and have a few questions. If a unit moves into a hex (1MF), then successfully creates smoke within that hex (1MF). If a defender wishes to Defensive First Fire, does the smoke affect the roll? If a unit moves...