Search results

1. G

Something I hate in CoD 2.

Heh, it was nominated for "Best AI" by Gamespot. What difficulty setting did you play it on?
  2. G

Something I hate in CoD 2.

They probably did that because of the regenerating health system...if the enemies didn't keep respawning you could just take your time killing off enemies and recovering.
  3. G

CoD 2 Big Red One

It is my understanding it is a totally different game from the PC version.
  4. G

Call of Duty 2

Gamespot gives it an 8.8/10 The good: "Excellent presentation; Aggressive enemy AI; Makes you really feel like a small part of a bigger war; Varied campaign; Fun multiplayer" The bad: "Performance can chug at times"
  5. G

Call of Duty 2

Oh great, I forgot about Civ 4....have you played much of it? How is it?
  6. G

Call of Duty 2

Review at IGN 8.5/10, "It looks great, it sounds awesome, and it provides both meaty single-player and multiplayer." Their main complaint was the regenerating health system. I will probably pick this one up...anyone else? And when you do, post some impressions!
  7. G

Call of Duty 2 Screens

I'm not a game designer, so I may be wrong on this - but I think the reason is that the collision detection isn't based on the skin, or the model how we think of it, it is based on different points in the body. Maybe someone more informed can shed some light? Overall, I don't like some of the...
  8. G

Call of Duty 2 demo available now

:-O! Yeah, most new games won't work with anything later than Win2000 or WinXP.
  9. G

Ok, just played it. Its a pretty intense demo, good sound, very nice player models. Same good ol' Call of Duty gameplay, but with more squad interaction (or so it seems). Squadmates call out enemy locations, give strategy, and whatnot. Good atmosphere. A good download for those that liked CoD 1.
  10. G

Gamespot download Fileplanet download Filefront download 3D Gamers Yahoo Games Domain (what I used) I'm downloading now...will post impressions when I play it!
  11. G

Play as the Germans

Have you seen the German Front mod for Call of Duty? I don't think they have had a full single-player release yet, but they do have a demo out.
  12. G

Anti-Virus programs

I use that on one of my computers....you just have to give some points to the AV program thats virus scanner is called "Luke Filewalker" :p
  13. G

Anti-Virus programs

I don't know about online virus protection, but AVG Anti-Virus is good and free, and it resides on your computer. http://free.grisoft.com/freeweb.php/doc/2/ A solution that resides on your computer is better than an online virus checker in that it provides real-time protection. It can nip...
  14. G

CoD players

That is how you do it, but most likely you will need to poke some holes in your firewall, otherwise it will block all of the people trying to access the game. Unfortunately, that means more holes for potential hackers to go through, although in most cases it isn't a problem. I would just...
  15. G

Jon's COD rant

Yeah...thats how it was. I bet the Germans didn't exactly think it fair when they only had bolt-action and they were trading shots with an American equipped with a semi-auto....Brothers in Arms nerfered the Garand in multiplayer (doesn't fire as fast), and it is really annoying.
  16. G

COD question

Oh boy...I think you could technically get up to 64 (possibly), but most high-capacity servers seat about 32. I think...
  17. G

COD question

Hmmm...I think the only thing that is known is that the American campaign is that you are in the 101st Airborne.
  18. G

Call of Duty?

Yup, unfortunately CoD can only maintain interest with people for so long, and with the dying enthusiasm comes less traffic. No sense in keeping around a forum with so little traffic, so we remerged both game forums with the GI Gamer forum.
  19. G

CoD Patch 1.5 and United Offensive Patch

Yeah, its pretty good.
  20. G

CoD Patch 1.5 and United Offensive Patch

They have been released- CoD v1.5 http://www.3dgamers.com/news/more/1096480517/ "A new patch for Call of Duty is also available, bringing the original World War II first-person shooter by Infinity Ward to version 1.5. This release adds a new multiplayer map titled Tigertown, as well as...