Search results

1. M

"Seeing the Elephant" Tourney

I am afraid I will have to withdraw before the tourney starts. I have had a couple of RL issues rear their ugly heads, and I am not going to have the time to participate for the next couple of months.
  2. M

I will be getting the game in early August, so count me in!!
  3. M

Thy cristal ball is working well! I just have to placate her indoors!
  4. M

Thanks for the welcome. I have followed a number of the threads here for quite a while, but I have not had the time to become properly involved - something I hope to rectify!
  5. M

I was going to sign-up, but I only have BO and AK.
  6. M

Counterattack on the Moselle

Not a proper AAR, as I forgot to record my turns. This was a scenario I picked to play against SoccerDJ. I was Axis, DJ was Allied. An enjoyable scenario that is difficult for the Axis to win against a competent opponent - and, unfortunately for me, my opponent was very competent. Reports...
  7. M

Newbie Tourney Michammer Vs Paulinski

The End Turn 12. The objective on Hill 283 is taken and occupied by 2 commanders, 2 halftracks and an engineer pltn. A tank pltn and a halftrack pltn are able to advance down the road and take the Gressenich objective. The enemy launches fierce counterattacks and retakes Gressenich, but Hill...
  8. M

Turns 10 and 11 Turn 10. This turn is spent playing shoot and scoot with the Axis tank pltns. A couple of StuGs and a Panther are destroyed, but at the cost of a couple of Shermans and an M10. At Gressenich, an M10 pltn takes out some halftracks, but loses half its strength when a StuG pltn...
  9. M

Turn 9 Turn 9. After the artillery barrage, the 88 fires at a haltrack pltn and destroys it. Captain McCausland’s company move into position, assisted by the company halftracks, to assault the gun position. I move my Sherman 105 into LOS to “soften” the position, and its first shot destroys...
  10. M

Tunr 8 Turn 8. The tennis ball barrage has worked! The armoured units in the trees have pulled back out of LOS. It looks like they are pulling back to help defend Gressenich, as there is a lot of enemy movement in that direction. A Sherman pltn is ordered to advance down the road to the hex...
  11. M

Turn 7 Turn 7. Captain McCausland’s company is advanced through Diepenlinchen and moves straight towards Hill 283. Two pltns of Shermans are brought up to cover the advance, but 1 pltn is forced to retreat by the kitty pltn in the trees. My other tank pltns continue to fire tennis balls at...
  12. M

Turn 6 Turn 6. Due to a communications error (ie; I did not press the ALT key) the smoke screen south of the trees turns out to be an HE barrage. I am able to take Diepenlinchen, which was not defended. It appears that the enemy has allowed me to take the three objectives whilst...
  13. M

Turn 5 Turn 5. Two of Captain McCausland’s platoons move towards Diepenlinchen and are fired upon by tanks that reveal themselves in the trees south of Hill 283, one of which appears to be a kitty. The enemy seems to have positioned many units in this patch of trees. A smoke shoot is...
  14. M

Turn 4 Turn 4. The indirect artillery fire at the start of this turn causes smoke to rise from the area of Hill 283, and the disruption of the AT gun on the hill. With the retreat of the enemy unit in bunker #4, Lt Albertelli is able to move his company (3x Inf Pltns, an MG Section, a 60mm...
  15. M

Turn 3 Turn 3. An M8 armoured car platoon is advanced forward, up the road, through Fleuth and takes Mausbach, but is fired upon by an AT gun on Hill 283, and is disrupted with the loss of all but one strength point. However, the remaining vehicle is still able to advance and to take...
  16. M

Turn 2 Turn 2. Reinforcements have arrived! This turns out to be my artillery, a tank destroyer platoon and a Sherman 105 platoon. Bunker #3 is assaulted and taken with the loss of the enemy unit, and the leader is captured as he tries to escape. The engineer platoon, LMG section, and M8...
  17. M

Well, here is my AAR from my game with Paulinski. Hope you enjoy it. "Task Force Lovelady" 12 turns Allied moves first 12 hex visibility Major Allied Defeat: 25 Minor Allied Defeat: 150 Minor Allied Victory: 225 Major Allied Victory: 350 ALLIES – Michammer AXIS – Paulinski...
  18. M

Operation Justice To Hollywood!

The LRDG was formed by Ralph Bagnold in the summer on 1940, primarily as a reconnaissance unit. The first LRDG patrols were carried out just 6 weeks after Wavell had given the order for the unit to be formed. Most of the interior Egyptian/Libyan desert was mapped for the first time by the...
  19. M

Operation Justice To Hollywood!

And Errol Flynn ran the Japanese out of Burma!! Don't want to sound nitpicky, but the LRDG and the SAS were 2 totally different, independent units. The fact that they worked very closly together is often mistaken as one being the forerunner of the other.
  20. M

Defiance at Dizhinski - a new CM:BB story.

Warner's own vehicle headed left, where he was immediately confronted with the frightening vision before him. "REVERSE!!" he yelled to the driver, who dids not need telling twice. For good measure, he activated the smoke dispensers - the T-34 was bearing down on him at an incredible speed, an...