Search results

1. R

Reviewing Alexander the Great

Hey, any mention of my favorite Alexander-era character: his mentally delayed relative, who was next in line to take the Macedonian kingdom/Empire but was brutally murdered shortly after Alexander died? Now THAT was a cool guy; world's first mentally disabled hero!
  2. R

ACG Diplomacy, Game 2, Official Results and Press.

Soon that won't be a problem... ;)
  3. R

! (Belated orders sent in very early this AM. Now, where's my snuff?!) Sorry gents - thought I'd sent in preliminary orders; must not have. eek!
  4. R

I'll say! :D You're doin' great & are courteous as well (can't say that of all the Diplomacy players I've played -- heck, it's not true of ME as a Dip player half the time!).
  5. R

Monday's fine ... then again, I are 2nd on the list of "no reason to send further orders!" --Salute to Turkey & all those who played her--
  6. R

AH! Didn't understand first post on the rule, now I do: thank you for clarifying that for me, much appreciated. I sit corrected ... :cheeky:
  7. R

The confusion may be arising, because the latest map shows Bulgaria with a Yellow marker (indicating Turkey): really Bulgaria should have a Red marker (indicating Austria)... In fact, ;) now that I look closely, the following should all have Orange (England) markers: Den-Kie-Hol!!! hee hee...
  8. R

pics of people here.

Old Fat & Proud of That Chubby ol' African-American me, somewhere in cube land. I like what my oldest daughter says about me: "Dad, you ain't black, you high yaller!" :D She's so cute: I'd post a px of her BUT I know Jeremey lurks out there ... heh heh heh. :smoke: Somewhere I just know...
  9. R

{{takes a bit o' snuff}} Errrr... isn't Denmark under English, not German, control??? The list doesn't show that, but both the "Who May Build" and the map show it... Not a big deal! {{scampers back to find some laudanum}}
  10. R

Fahrenhype 911

Martin, you make a very good point & I agree. Jack!!! Welcome!! Glad to have you!
  11. R

Fahrenhype 911

Martin, Martin, Martin -- Let me quote you something that Rick posted about Moore's film, but I'm going to flip it so that it applies to this discussion: "Buy it and see for yourself." heh heh You'll be interested to know that the film DOES NOT support Bush or Kerry. You also be...
  12. R

Fahrenhype 911

Well, I must admit that (very cynically) I am waiting to see if any of the "I Love Michael Moore's Brilliant Documentary - You MUST See It!" people will actually attempt to look at his dark side, by viewing this or any of the other anti-Moore films. The cynical part being, I seriously doubt...
  13. R

Fahrenhype 911

Website . Purchased it online last week, watched it this weekend. GREAT documentary! Amongst other factoids I didn't know but learned by watching this OUTSTANDING DVD: --Michael Moore "Fahrenheit 9/11" was distributed to some college campuses at the request of student groups aligned with...
  14. R

Farenhait 9/11

Army Aviation. He's retired now, and the next-senior W-4 in the unit (a buddy of his) is now the XO.
  15. R

WW2 film "Saints and Soldiers"

Excellent! There's a good friend of mine, now grown & married w/children etc, an active Mormon, who still speaks fondly of his experiences on mission. If there's even a slight chance of gaining enough funding from your family, angle for an international posting ... go for it! :cheeky:
  16. R

WW2 film "Saints and Soldiers"

A-MEN, Jeremey!!! I have yet to meet a Mormon (active or Jack) that I haven't admired & liked, and that includes those young "Elder" boys that come a-visitin'. And the WOMEN! Whoooo, don't get me started!!! WHUF WHOOF WHOOOOF AROOOO Oh yeah :devious:
  17. R

Farenhait 9/11

I agree with much of your post but not the part that "warrants aren't really officers." Warrants are officers even tho' they don't hold a full commission, in the sense that you posted. A chief warrant officer (W-4) buddy of mine that just retired was the XO of his flight group with command...
  18. R

LONDON, ENGLAND - The Times of London reports that an entire fleet of the English Navy has been missing for several months. Reporters, who found King Edward at a mental sanitarium located on the Cornish coast, informed His Majesty of this latest development and requested his response. As...
  19. R

Farenhait 9/11

Only if you think that the civilians of the Middle East specifically, or Islam in general, actually have a say in their governments' foreign policy. They don't. What controls the funding of terrorists, and whether those terrorists have safe harbors, are the governments. And, it doesn't...