Search results

1. trailrunner

Human Wave 2024 - 12-14 July in Fairfax Virginia

Human Wave 2024 will take place 12-14 July 2024 in Fairfax VA, just outside of Washington DC. We are close to finalizing our scenario list and will post it soon. Please considering joining us. More information and registration can be found here: https://humanwaveconscripts.com/ If you're in...
  2. trailrunner

air burst residual FP on bypassing unit

According to the last EXC in A8.26, residual firepower from a mortar hit in woods is increased by one column to account for airburst. This is shown in the second part of the A8.26 example: EX: A hit with a 60mm mortar attacks an Open Ground Location on the 4 FP column and leaves 2 Residual...
  3. trailrunner

OA20 The Revenge Of The Greys setup question

I'm getting ready to play this scenario, which uses maps 14 and 17. Map 14 has a runway, and by SSR1 is "treated as an unpaved road." SSR2 also instructs us to, prior to setup, make a random dr to determine if an aircraft wreck exists for "each open ground hex which is adjacent to a runway hex...
  4. trailrunner

HIP AFVs in Hatten in Flames CG

I'm playing the HiF campaign game, getting ready to set up for the next day. Looking at the fortification purchase points (section 3.619), note 3 states: "...No more than 10% (FRU) of a side's infantry squad-equivalents (and any SW stacked with them) may set up using HIP. Guns and their...
  5. trailrunner

Washington DC ASL game day - 23 September 2023

If you're in the Washington DC area, please consider joining us for our next game day on Saturday, 23 September, starting at 0800. SK players are welcome. We have a great location in Fairfax VA. PM me for more details.
  6. trailrunner

Broken morale of Italian 1st line units

The unbroken morale for Italian 1st line, 2nd line, and conscripts squads and half-squads are all 6. However, the broken side morale for 1st line squads is 5, for second line squads is 6, and for conscripts it is 5. For half-squads, the broken side morale for 1st line squads is 4, for second...
  7. trailrunner

bypass with hedge

A squad starts in S4. It uses bypass movement in R4 along the R4-S5 hexside, and then moves into R5. It takes 1 MF to bypass R4, but how many MFs does it take to then enter R5? Does the S5-R5 hedge hexside cause it to expend 2 MFs to move into R5, or does it only cost 1 MF because while in...
  8. trailrunner

Any ASL players at West Point?

I will be at the USMA 12-15 June. Is there anybody there who would like to get in a game? I checked the players map and didn't see anyone.
  9. trailrunner

Support Weapon Chart

In the SW Chart, there is a one "1" in some of the entries. What does this refer to?
  10. trailrunner

Leader Bonus While a Passenger

The following three rules citations seem to make it clear that if any units, including MMCs and leaders, are loading and unloading onto a vehicle, that they are limited to 4 MFs, and that the leader bonus does not apply. A4.11: The MF allotment of a SMC is reduced to four MF if it mounts...
  11. trailrunner

fire lane not aligned with hex grain or hex sides

The German HMG in N5 fires on the American squad in J6 and wants to establish a fire lane. Where would this lane be located? The target is not along the hex grain from N5 - J7, and it's outside the fire lane going down the hex sides from N5 - J5. I've read A9.22 and A9.221 several times but...
  12. trailrunner

Loss of radio contact with FFE:C on board

There is an FFE:C counter on the board. It's the PFPh, and the side with the FFE:C counter rolls for radio contact, and fails. I'm a little confused about what happens next. This case doesn't seem to be covered by the flowchart (or maybe I'm missing it). C1.22 says: This: "but failure to...
  13. trailrunner

Counter Storage for HASLs

I have all of the core modules clipped, sorted, and stored. Now I'm starting to do the same with historical modules, such as Red Factories, Hatten in Flames, and Sword and Fire. How do people organize the counters from these modules? Do they just take the Russian counters from RF and store...
  14. trailrunner

What kind of terrain is this?

What kind of terrain is the thick black line next to the gully in hexes F1 and G1 of deluxe board d? Thanks in advance.
  15. trailrunner

smoke and LOS

The British mortar in N7 wants to fire smoke on hex F3. There is a German unit in the ground level of F3. Since this is out of LOS of the mortar, according to C6.2, Case K applies and there is a +2 DRM on the TH attempt. But if the German unit was not in F3, then Case K would not apply. Or...
  16. trailrunner

Mortars, pillboxes, and critical hits

Say a mortar is firing on a unit in a 1-3-5 pillbox 7 hexes away. TH=7, and according to B30.113, the NCA DRM of 5 applies. Say he rolls 1,1 on the TH attempt. According to C3.7, this could result in a CH. What is confusing me is the part of C3.7 that is quoted below. Since a 1,1 was the lowest...
  17. trailrunner

What Are These Counters?

I’m clipping and sorting counters from Hakkaa Paalle. What do the stars and numbers mean on these counters? I searched Chapters D, E.1, and H, but could not find them. Thanks in advance.
  18. trailrunner

LOS tool questions

I have played exactly one game of VASL, so I'm still learning. I've come across a couple of issues which probably has a simple solution, but I can't seem to figure it out. I configured by LOS tool to show different colors when LOS is hindered or blocked. It works fine when I load the map...
  19. trailrunner

ISO VASL SK game, GMT-4

I'm a pretty experienced SK player, and played my first game on VASL last weekend. I'm still getting used to the interface but have mostly figured it out. I'm off work from 9-13 April. Ideal day would be Saturday (11 April), but could also play Thursday, Friday, or Monday. I can't play...
  20. trailrunner

Human Wave 2020 in June!

Human Wave 2020 will be held 26-28 June in Northern Virginia, just outside of DC. We've secured a nice venue in Tysons Corner, with a great lodging rate. We have several options to play, and will have a Starter Kit mini tournament, so newcomers are encouraged to join the fun. More information...