Search results

1. F

It's Been said......

The axis starting the war does not remove any responsibility of unnecessary casualties from allied commanders.
  2. F

Post Korean War ASL from MMP

I was thinking of CG scenarios that were linked more. Where some of the same forces are used in each of the scenarios. One version could be like one side has to a take series of objects, which each being 1+ scenarios. Defender has to determine how he will defend the objects with his units. The...
  3. F

Post Korean War ASL from MMP

I really don't see why a CG has to be fixed to a single location. Maybe a CG fixed on a couple units engaged over a period of time. Or use of a strategic map which both sides use to move elements of their forces. I like variety, which is why I love ASL. So I would like to see different types...
  4. F

ASL in the Desert: the West of Alamein replacement product

I recently played through the old AH Tobruk's scenarios using ASL. Created a disposable map (black and white only) for them. It was about 60x60 hexes. I was even thinking of creating a more permanent plain desert map about that same size. I had a great time playing those scenarios. Quite...
  5. F

How air support works in real life

I was ground side, A Co 1st radio bn. I lead a team of 6 Marines, and navigated by compass, maps and landmarks (mainly roads). All the units my team was attached to were ground units. Which none had GPS or SINGCARS. Even the units I gave ECM classes didn't have any. Including a recon unit, but...
  6. F

How air support works in real life

My unit did not get SINGCARS or GPS until after the war, by about 6 months. In fact I don't remember any of the units my team was attached to having them either. All navigation was done with a compass and maps.
  7. F

T-34 the best tank of the war?

I would say not out of necessity, for a couple of reasons. Many of the soviet turretless tanks like the ISUs, played the same role as the German's StuGs. Assault guns that are capable of being used as tank destroyers. But by the later part of the war, they were not needed in the anti-tank role...
  8. F

The soviets produced more turretless tanks than the Germans. And for the most part, it was not out of necessity.
  9. F

I would say the soviets produced far more turretless direct fire vehicles.
  10. F

Computer ASL

It can only help attract people to ASL, especially if done correctly. Flarvin
  11. F

MMP Sale

Save some for me!!! :laugh: