Search results

1. WuWei

Glider hindrance E8.3

E8.3: "A landed glider has no TEM of its own but constitutes a LOS Hindrance even if Damaged; if eliminated, it is replaced by an unarmed truck wreck (which creates both a TEM and LOS Hindrance)." Is a landed glider only a LOS Hindrance to same-level LOS like AFV/wrecks (D9.4)?
  2. WuWei

VASLeague 2024

Hello everyone! I'm in the process of preparing the VASLeague 2024. If you participated in the VASLeague 2023 (and didn't ask me to remove you and didn't have too many forfeits), you will be automatically part of the VASLeague 2024. I will publish the preliminary list of participants soon. If...
  3. WuWei

E7.51 Light AA and Cowering

E7.51: "A MG loses its multiple ROF capability when it fires at an Aerial target and is subject to Cowering, but no leader DRM may apply." Can a leader direct Light AA fire from a MG and thus prevent it from Cowering?
  4. WuWei

Hitting units out of LOS with ATT?

C3.33 and C3.4 seem to indicate that only a mortar can hit units that it doesn't have LOS to. Is that the case? In our game, we had an AFV with LOS to an upper level building and a "??" in the level below out of LOS. We played it that it couldn't affect the "??".
  5. WuWei

Conscripts! 2023, 21-23 April, Nedensdorf, Germany

Yes, the Conscripts! tournament will happen again in 2023! Come to Southeast Germany to play ASL! Small, casual player friendly tournament (but pros are welcome, too!) 4 rounds of Swiss, starting Friday evening! Scenarios are not announced in advance, so no week long preparation...
  6. WuWei

Wall Advantage, A9.31

I'm reading A9.31 and want to be sure I got it right: "9.31: A target unit not claiming WA receives only in-hex TEM, but may instead use wall/hedge TEM vs enemy units which do not have WA over the hexside." The Germans in P4 can shoot at the Russians with WA in Q5 with +2 wall TEM. The Germans...
  7. WuWei

VASLeague 2023

Hello everyone! I'm in the process of preparing the VASLeague 2023. If you participated in the Ersatz VASLeague 2022 (and didn't ask me to remove you and didn't have too many forfeits), you will be automatically part of the VASLeague 2023. I will publish the list of participants soon. If you...
  8. WuWei

Red Barricades - What happens to recalled halftracks?

A halftrack is recalled and leaves the mapboard via a hex that is currently controlled and was controlled at the beginning of the day. Is it eliminated or retained for the next day?
  9. WuWei

Firelane with two MGs

I have two squads with two LMGs and a leader in a hex. It's my opponents MPh and there's a human wave rolling, spending 1 MF. I think I can first lay a firelane by shooting one squad/LMG at one of the HW squads, and all other squads in a firelane hex are immediately attacked by the firelane...
  10. WuWei

Conscripts! 2022, 20-22 May, Nedensdorf, Germany

The biggest and oldest active German ASL tournament will take place again this year! Small, casual player friendly tournament (but pros are welcome, too!) 4 rounds of Swiss, starting Friday evening! Scenarios are not announced in advance, so no week long preparation possible/needed. Friday 20th...
  11. WuWei

BAZ marked with First Fire in DFPh

Can a BAZ that is marked with First Fire fire in the DFPh? What about a PF check in the DFPh if my squad has already checked two times as First Fire? A8.4: "Any such units/weapons that are marked with a First Fire counter may also fire again (by flipping their First Fire marker over to the...
  12. WuWei

Red Factories Retained FT/DC O11.6134

Q: O11.6134: "[...]However, the side may never Retain in this manner more friendly FT/DC, than it has friendly non-Isolated Assault Engineer (only) squads at this point in the RePh." If I have at this point one non-Isolated Assault Engineer squad, can I Retain in this manner one friendly FT...
  13. WuWei

Red Barricades Retained FT/DC 11.6134

"However, the side may never Retain in this manner more friendly FT/DC, than it has friendly non-Isolated Assault Engineer (only) squads at this point in the RePh." If I have one FT and one DC in the "Retained" box, and only one AE left, can I retain one FT AND one DC, or only one FT OR one DC?
  14. WuWei

Ersatz VASLeague 2022

I'm preparing the VASLeague 2022. Find below the list of participants so far and the league they are playing in. If you are on this list and don't want to play next year or spot an error, please let me know. Also contact me if you are on this list and by tomorrow night didn't get an email from...
  15. WuWei

ACQ and Concealed Unit

A guns has a -2 1/2" ACQ counter in a hex without an enemy unit. A concealed stack moves into this hex. If the gun fires ITT at the unit, it doesn't get the -2 for ACQ. But what happens to the ACQ? Is it removed?
  16. WuWei

Shuffling around prisoners during MPh

One of my guards wants to move on without the prisoners. There are other units nearby, but unfortunately, not in the same location at the beginning of the turn. How would the following situations be resolved: The guard abandons the prisoners in its MPh. Later in the MPh, another one of my...
  17. WuWei

Guns: Concealment instead of HIP during setup allowed? I want them to pose as concealed tanks.

During setup, can I place a gun that would otherwise be allowed to HIP on board under a "?" and keep the crew HIP? I could use a few more 5/8" "??" to obfuscate the position of my tanks.
  18. WuWei

LOS and hindrance around EmRR

A railroad track, EmRR, crosses a grain field (in season). A has LOS to D. But is the grain hindrance? I think it is, but I'm not sure. Does B have LOS to E, to F? Does C have LOS to E, to F?
  19. WuWei

CONSCRIPTS! 2021: 24th-26th of September; Bad Staffelstein, Germany

We did it in 2018 & 2019. We had to go virtual in 2020. But hopefully, we will meet once again in person in 2021: The fourth CONSCRIPTS! tournament will take place from 24th to 26th September 2021 in Nedensdorf, Germany (Franconia, between Coburg and Bamberg). Small, casual player friendly...
  20. WuWei

Is detonating a Set DC an "attack"?

I have a Set DC on a bridge. My opponent drives an AFV (armed, armored) into Bypass of the building the unit with detonator is in (six hexes away and in LOS of the DC). Can I still blow up the bridge? A7.212: "A unit does not have the freedom to attack units in other Locations while its own...