Search results

1. WuWei

Truck CE ?

There are "trucks" in the wider movement sense: Vehicles that use the truck movement cost, as signified by white double circles behind the MP (D1.15). Those can be armored (although most are not), and if they are armored, they can be BU or CE. And there are "trucks" in the narrower "trucks"...
  2. WuWei

CONSCRIPTS! 2024: April 26th-28th in Grosseibstadt, Bavaria, Germany

We hired a cook from Brazil for the barbecue on Saturday! Draught beer is a real possibility (but not 100% certain yet)!
  3. WuWei

Paratroopers E9, Scenario 97

Thank you!
  4. WuWei

Paratroopers E9, Scenario 97

In scenario 97 (A Desperate Affaire), SSR1 reads: "EC are Dry, with no wind at start [EXC: for Air Drop purposes (only), wind direction is from the north at start]..." What's that for? I thought it might perhaps be for E9.2 Drift, but the rules there only tell me what to do in a Mild Breeze...
  5. WuWei

HIP units and how to remember where they are...

Hiding Armor Leaders isn't worth it, I often just put him openly on the tank. My opponent's advantage of knowing where he is is greatly offset by my advantage of not forgetting him.
  6. WuWei

Landing a Glider with a bridge in the way

I try to land a Glider in a dry river bed (ASL93 Tavronitis Bridge), but I overshoot and end up in a bridge hex. In the table, there's a Crash drm: "+3 Landing in woods, building/rubble, bridge [...]" Is that only for landing on the bridge, or also under the bridge? And now that I end up in...
  7. WuWei

VASLeague 2024

At the moment, it is highly likely that there will be a VASLeague 2025.
  8. WuWei

Control of a building with rubbled stairwell

Yes. To make a wider point: It can and sometimes does happen that you end up in a situation where it is simply impossible for you to still win. It's ok to concede the game, then.
  9. WuWei

Glider hindrance E8.3

That makes sense, thank you.
  10. WuWei

Glider hindrance E8.3

An eliminated glider is replaced by an unarmored truck wreck and treated as such, no problem here. But what about a landed glider? (And in relation to that, I couldn't find a reference about the hindrance of unarmored vehicles. The rules in D9.4 always talk about AFV/wreck)
  11. WuWei

Glider hindrance E8.3

That's what I believe, too. But is there anything in the rules?
  12. WuWei

Glider hindrance E8.3

E8.3: "A landed glider has no TEM of its own but constitutes a LOS Hindrance even if Damaged; if eliminated, it is replaced by an unarmed truck wreck (which creates both a TEM and LOS Hindrance)." Is a landed glider only a LOS Hindrance to same-level LOS like AFV/wrecks (D9.4)?
  13. WuWei

VASLeague 2024

Send me an email, instructions are in the first post of this thread. To all: I'm quite busy at the moment, so it might take some time before I answer my emails. But I will get to it eventually.
  14. WuWei

VASLeague 2024

If your opponent doesn't react, report the game as a forfeit on his part. Players in the SLL who forfeit their first round game (that is, don't play at all, they can of course concede during the game, that counts as a normal loss) are automatically removed from the league.
  15. WuWei

Leader Bonus While a Passenger

A ht (16 MP total) with leader in it and squad on foot move together as armored assault, 6 hexes for 6MP/6MF. The ht stops for 7, leader unloads for 11 and even has one MF left to do something, like picking up a SW. Is this legal?
  16. WuWei

CONSCRIPTS! 2024: April 26th-28th in Grosseibstadt, Bavaria, Germany

It's great to hear from someone with a personal connection to the immediate region! We definitely plan to hold the tournament in Kleineibstadt in the coming years, I hope you can manage to attend eventually!
  17. WuWei

VASLeague 2024

We just finished ASL77 Le Herisson. John attacked as the Germans, but my Colonial French defenders rolled too low for his bold attack, and I reached the CVP cap in turn 5. Also, this was my 200th game of ASL! What a fun game!
  18. WuWei

VASLeague 2024

Report it as a forfeit on his part.