Search results

1. etopp

Showdown at Tug Argan Pass board 25 overlay

Please update the "Showdown at Tug Argan Pass" option in "Board 25 Special Overlays" It should change orchard hexes to crag hexes
  2. etopp

"Other" Passenger NMC in Damaged glider

E8.41 says "A Damaged glider suffers Casualty Reduction to one or more of its Passengers (dependent on Random Selection dr), with all other Passengers taking a NMC" My problem is that word "other" I thought the rule meant that if a Glider carrying a squad and SMC Passenger was Damaged and the...
  3. etopp

VotG Factories

V6.1 says "Each Multi-hex building on the VotG map is a Factory if it has 1 hex containing a large white center-dot" This implies that buildings LL36, LL40 and LL42 are not VotG Factories because they have 2 hexes with a large white center-dot Has this been errata-ed to "Each Multi-hex...
  4. etopp

Change "Etiopan" to "European"

Please change "Etiopan Trained" to "European Trained" in the VASL Counters-Ethiopia-SMC dialog box
  5. etopp

From the Cellar Pack 4 Historical Special Rules

I want to play FT275 from Le Franc-Tireur 15. This has Mongolians (represented by Russian counters) defending against Chinese in 1919 Special Rule 1 says "FTC#4 HSR are in effect". I think that means "From the Cellar pack 4 Historical Special Rules are in effect" I don't own FTC4 but I am...
  6. etopp

HIP FFE

Allow FFE counters to be HIP
  7. etopp

Peugeot 202 with AAMG

Please add the Peugeot 202 with the optional AAMG (French Vehicle Note 36)
  8. etopp

J205 Goats to Lure the Tiger - offboard terrain

In scenario J205 "Goats to Lure the Tiger" does offboard terrain exist as printed (contrary to A2.51) ? For example, an AFV can move from offboard hex 25E7 to F7 at a cost of 4 + 5 = 9 MP (B10.5 Abrupt Elevation Changes)
  9. etopp

VASL 6.6.5 crash during Choose Boards

[I posted this on the VASSAL forum but this appears to be a VASL bug] When I try to add the Wd5 overlay to 62S9-T9 using Choose Boards > Add overlays, an error occurs: Uncaught Exception VASSAL was unable to submit your bug report. Please post the file [/Users/erictopp/Library/Application...
  10. etopp

Bazooka To Hit DRM when firing WP

If a BAZ 45 fires WP do To Hit Dice Roll Modifiers #7 (-2) and #17 (TEM) apply? For consistency with ASLRB, I would say "no" but I would like this clarified by MMP
  11. etopp

ASL 154 Orange at Walawbum - Overlay 1

Overlay 1 is used in the scenario ASL 154 Orange at Walawbum I made a VASL 6.6.4 file using the “Add overlays” button in the “Choose Boards” dialog box When I opened this file using 6.6.5 the hexes in overlay 1 appeared brown as if they were level 1 I removed the overlay using “Pick new...
  12. etopp

VBM Checker

Please add a tool to check if VBM is possible (D2.3)
  13. etopp

Spreading Fire between Inherent Terrain hexes

If a Blaze is in a hex containing Inherent Terrain does the -2 DRM for "not directly attached" apply for spreading to an adjacent hex containing a different sort of Inherent Terrain e.g. an orchard hex adjacent to a rubble hex?
  14. etopp

Jungle reverts to Swamp

I am setting up a PTO scenario using VASL 6.6.5 An SSR says that all Marsh and Swamp locations are Light Jungle so I change Marsh to Woods using Terrain Transformations If I then choose "PTO light jungle" the Jungle hexes that were Marsh hexes stay as Jungle but the Jungle hexes that were...
  15. etopp

ASL 156 Broken Bamboo - Overlay 3

Overlay 3 is used in the scenario ASL 156 Broken Bamboo When the “Ponds are dry” Terrain Transformation is used, the pond on overlay 3 remains
  16. etopp

MG MA To Hit

A9.61 says that a MG ordnance attack must be made "without any form of halved FP penalty imposed" This would seem to prevent a vehicle with a MG MA from using Bounding Fire except that D3.53 says that a MG MA is not halved if firing as ordnance A9.61 needs a cross-reference to D3.53, for...
  17. etopp

Allied leadership and ambush

SSR3 in scenario S87 says "The leadership rating of an Allied leader is worsened by one whenever influencing troops of a different nationality" Does this apply to ambush as well i.e. if a British 9-2 leader is stacked with a US squad is the leadership rating reduced to -1? I checked A10.7 in...
  18. etopp

ASL S86 Going Commando

SSR 1 says that building S6 is fortified but the Victory Conditions refer to building S4 Is this correct?
  19. etopp

ASL 155 Smith & Weston - Overlay 4

Overlay 4 is used in the scenario ASL 155 Smith & Weston When using the "PTO dense jungle" terrain transformation, the woods-road hexes on this overlay are not changed into paths like the woods-road hexes on the rest of the map
  20. etopp

ABTF1 setup area overlap

I was just doing a VASL file for ABTF1 "The Prize" and I noticed that one of the German setup areas overlaps with one of the British setup areas It seems very strange that you could have German and British units setting up in the same location with no SSR to address this issue Is there errata...