Search results

1. Phil_Draper

Encirclement

Hi all, Following the excellent recent IR episode found here, I was intrigued by Toby Pilling's tips on encirclement. Below are a number of VASL images that display encirclement situations, I would be interested in peoples assessment of whether consecutive shots from the depicted locations...
  2. Phil_Draper

Street Fighting Question

Hi, is U7 a valid street fighting target if an AFV occupies it and an enemy infantry unit occupies T6 or U8? Apologies on the upside down image, this is a direct crop from the VASL scenario board configuration. Cheers in advance Phil
  3. Phil_Draper

Fox Company at Toktong Pass VASL Map issue.

Hi, I wonder if anyone can help. I am having an issue with the Fox Hill Map from LFTs from the cellar pack 8, Sand and Snow. I have downloaded the board file to my VASL boards folder and removed the .zip extension as directed. When I start VASl and go to the board picker drop down menu I see...
  4. Phil_Draper

Defensive first fire options vs Boats

Q1. Can defensive first fire be conducted at boats solely due to the act of unbeaching? Boats may be freely unbeached during the MPh or APh. I assume, as this does not require a MP it is not a trigger for Defensive Fire? Q2. Can a boat that declares beaching as it enters a hex be the target...
  5. Phil_Draper

Operation Neptune, River Crossings

Hi, I have finally cracked open ON and it looks great. I was setting up scenario ON-2 Wet Feet and it triggered a number of questions regarding boats and river crossings. The Wiltshires setup beached and loaded on the south bank of the Seine, which is only two hexes wide in places. Q1. Can...
  6. Phil_Draper

Rout Question

Apologies for the poor quality image, I struggled to find a file type that GS liked. So the question is how would you handle this situation? It is the Rout Phase No Quarter has not been declared.