Search results

1. M

Eastern Front histories

http://d4rri9bdfuube.cloudfront.net/assets/images/book/large/9781/9089/9781908916518.jpg a little light reading has just arrived... Has anyone read this tome? (in case my cover pic doesn't appear, I'm referring to Svetlana Gerasimova's "The Rzhev Slaughterhouse: The Red Army's Forgotten...
  2. M

BMW-4 Crosstown Traffic

Hi, Just thought I'd drop a line here to report on a VASL playing of this between myself as Russian and Erwin L as the SS player, particularly as ASL Scenario Archive still seems to be down. Sadly, the provision of VASL maps is beyond my technical expertise. I'd have to rate this as...
  3. M

Red Barricades with a dusting of ground snow

I've often looked at the wonderful old Red Barricades map (which I bought many moons ago) and now that I've recently been able to use VASL, I think the map translates well to winterisation. I've also recently been revisiting some of my library of books on the battle, rediscovering William Craig...
  4. M

CH items

Hey guys, As a completest, I've been entertaining thoughts of three of the Critical Hit 4-8 week "crafted for you" items, specifically Russian Rarities 2, Sealed Fate & Maxim Gorki. Having never purchased items described this way before, can someone please tell me whether they will actually...
  5. M

Do VASL maps for the following exist???

Hey Guys After months of frustration (and language not suitable for mixed company!) I have managed to not only correctly download VASL, but have been able to use it! Here on you can expect to be bombarded with dumb questions! :bite: My first query is: do VASL versions of the following maps...
  6. M

ASL scenario idea...

Hey guys, I'm contemplating going over to the dark side and actually trying to design a scenario. While I have a few ideas on the drawing board, an action I've been reading about recently seems to be crying out for the ASL treatment. With this in mind, can anyone tell me if there is any...
  7. M

Looking for FTF in Sydney, Oz

Hey guys, It would be nice to skype or PBEM, but I'm a bit of a technophobe, so I'll have to settle for FTF for now. For what its worth, I should own up to being an addict and requiring a sponsor, while I'm at it! :nuts: Matt
  8. M

Fanatic Enterprises boards

Hey Peeps, ANZAC Day in Australia today - Lest we forget... I have a query regarding FE boards 1 & 2. When you visit the FE webpage, there's images for all boards from 3 on available for download, and also in the VASL Map Bazaar, but again no boards 1 & 2. I should add that the link for...
  9. M

VASL not recognising boards

Hi guys, I've been battling with VASL for a while, and haven't read anything here which appears to answer my question, so can someone please tell me what I am doing wrong? I'm sure its simple and my problem is that I'm a Luddite... When I finally successfully managed to load VASL onto my...